CHAPTER 24

Maya's POV:

Being so stressed I didn't know where to go so while driving around I ended up in the diner which Shane owns.

It has been 3 weeks since I last talked to Shane. I immersed myself in my work and going through the same routine without sleep and minimal food.

Whenever I tried to eat something I can have only small amounts of food without throwing up. You may wonder what if I was pregnant but NO I am not because ..... I am still a virgin even after being in relationship for 3 years because I wanted to wait till I am married before losing it.

Shane never had a problem with it because he always respected my decision and trusted me.

I trust him too with all my heart and soul. I even remember the day he proposed me by kneeling down he mentioned the word yet when I was shocked by his actions bringing out a ring.

There was even this day when I told everyone in the gang that I am Maya Chase and the whole truth behind it we had a moment in his car where he told me I am his and will always be his no matter what.

But there is something which is stopping me from going to him this time and taking the first step. Maybe I was hurt by the mention of his mom or I expected him to assure me like he always did. I felt like something changed by his reply.

He never brought up his family in his life decisions till that day. He is Shane Mathews he does what he wants to do when it comes to what he want.

His relationship with his mom has changed after we got into relationship. I always knew he craved his mom's care and love whenever he is low. I have seen how his expression changes to longing when he sees my mom and us. I always pushed him to take the first step and try to mend things with his mom even though he was hesitant but eventually their relation became better. I wouldn't say they are like how everyone imagines it to be but they are content and happy having each other.

So when he mentioned his mom's situation I didn't know what to think about it. I felt like I did everything I can do from my side but I think it was not enough.

I just sighed looking out of the window from the diner.

If I think about it in the end I come back to something which is always related to Shane in the end.

Shane's POV:

It has been a month since I last talked properly with Maya.

The first two weeks she ignored me and I didn't know what I even did at that time.

But at Asher's wedding I met her again and decided to sort things out.

She looked so beautiful in her Maid Of Honour dress but at the same time I can also see she is unwell.

It looked like she lost some weight and there was no glow which she always carry around making my heart break.

She has been with me the whole day but at the same time far away. I don't know how to put this in words but it felt like real hell.

She talked and smiled with everyone but I can see it was not her real smile which she gives with her eyes shining. I can feel something is bothering her and definitely it is about me.

I tried to talk to her in between but ended up with single word replies and that smile which is getting frustrated.

At some point when I noticed she wasn't beside me so I went looking for her and found her on the private beach.

She looked like an angel standing there wind blowing around her and I wanted to just go and kiss her hard and see her that beautiful sparkled smile she gives me.

The Billionaire's LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara