CHAPTER 14

Maya's POV:

We sat down to have our dinner after preparing it and I wanted to know about him more as I am getting to know him.

So I asked the first thing that came to my mind.

"Do you have any girlfriend?" I asked him but it hurt me to ask him that.

"No" said Shane which somewhat made me happy from inside.

So I asked the next thing "Did you have before?"

"Yeah" he said and became silent but I wanted to know more.

I just sat there wanting to ask him but I know I am invading his privacy than necessary.

"Seeing that you are fidgeting, it means you are curious to know what happened" he did not ask but stated with a smirk.

"Can I?" I asked excitedly to which he laughed.

"If I say no would you be fine? No. So go on and ask" he said.

"So what happened with her?" I asked now looking at him.

"Her name is Morgan. She was a cheerleader in our school and we were good friends for so long maybe from sophomore. We came into a relationship in our junior year. We used to hangout even outside school from time to time. I was always with my friends and in football practice the remaining time when I wasn't with her. But one day I found out she was cheating on me with someone from her neighbour-hood and when I confronted her all she said was that I wasn't giving her time in our relationship so she got attached to someone else" he said looking down at the carpet.

"So from then I never trusted girls they are either after my money or my looks but never saw me as a person" he said looking at me.

"So that's the reason why you don't interact with any of the girls or even give them a chance?" I asked him to which he replied with a "Yeah".

"But there must have been someone who liked you for who you are right?" I asked him.

"Maybe but I never felt comfortable with anyone until now" he said now looking at me in the eyes.

His eyes held some sort of emotion which I couldn't recognise.

"Then how are you comfortable with me?" I asked him curiously.

"I really have no idea" he said and added "As we are sharing things I have something else to tell you"

I nodded at him to continue.

"Maybe my relationship didn't work out with her because we never felt peace within ourselves though we were happy with each other at times. I guess I went to that relationship maybe because I craved for love." he said which totally confused me.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"When I was in junior my mom was diagnosed with spinal discs dislocation. So she was hospitalised during that time of period. That sudden change brought some gap between me and my mom and it continues till date. So I think it was one of the reasons I was desperate for love but couldn't handle it" he said with a lone tear falling on his cheek.

I moved to wipe it but he removed the tear himself and turned to me with a smile which looked almost fake.

"Maybe as you said you might have been desperate for love and couldn't handle it. But it was her fault too you know so you can't blame it all on yourself. Maybe you weren't the best for each other" I said and took a sip of my beer.

I added "So it's okay to feel that way Shane but not all girls are the same. There will be a girl who will understand you for who you are and love you for you by staying with you till the end. And for that to happen you should let people inside by giving yourself a second chance. Shane there is nothing wrong in craving for love" I said by putting my hand on his.