CHAPTER 8

Kerry's POV:

That idiot doesn't know what to say to a girl to save his life.

I get it why he is always distant from girls because I have seen how people threw themselves at him either for his money or his looks.

Even it took us so long to become friends because he was always unsure of every girl who approaches him.

After knowing his past I understand why he reacts to girls like that and there is nothing wrong with the way he acts.

But the way he is reacting when it comes to Maya it is so different. It is like we are seeing a total new Shane for example, the way he acts like a stupid brain damaged person which made me wonder how he became a successful person.

I think I should attend a meeting which he holds next time along with my dad to see how his stupid brain made him this successful even though I wouldn't understand anything I guess to see.

It will be so fun to watch if I could drag along Maya and see how it would work then. HAHAH!

Seeing him I knew I should give them space so I left giving him a warning glare which meant make this mess better before someone finds out.

While going I saw everyone's attention in the parking lot was on them and I even heard few gasps from the nearby group of girls when he started talking to her.

I should better warn him again to clear the mess he is starting now by talking to Maya in front of these kids which will make her the centre of attention few days.

So I sent him a message immediately

I don't want anyone talking about Maya now. You should know very well not to talk to her when others are present whom we can't trust.

The remaining day went by with the news spreading like fire that Shane Mathews was spotted with a girl and luckily no one mentioned about Maya.

I think he is not that stupid to leave things unattended. He might have made people shut up in his own way.

In car just to make sure what exactly happened and how I should react without letting her know I know that Shane approached her this morning to explain himself.

"You know Shane talking to some girl is the hot topic right now. Do you know who that is?" I asked her teasingly because we both know that it was her.

"Argh! Kerry stop teasing me!" she huffed like a kid and looked out of the window.

I just laughed at her because it is so fun teasing her but she turned to glare at me.

"So what did you both talk about? Did he ask you out this time?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows at her in a teasing manner and turned to her this time at the red lights.

"Kerry! I will kill you without a second thought if you don't stop with this teasing" she threatened me by giving her murderous glare.

"Okay! I will stop" I told her holding my hand up in surrender and added "So what did you really talk about?"

After that she told me how everything went and I teased her some more before dropping her off at her driveway.

She was about to seriously kill me if I would have said anything so I left from there saying I had something to do.

Few months later....

Maya's POV:

Days went on and I have my own group of friends. The group consisted of Scar, Kale, Danielle, Kaiden, Mandy, Charlotte, Andrew, Harper and David.