CHAPTER 18

Maya's POV:

When Shane let go of my eyes what I saw in front of me is nothing I have ever imagined my first date with the person I really like will be this breath taking.

The hall was filled with candles and Christmas lights with flowers on the floor. I turned around to Shane and saw that he was nervous.

Shane Mathews in never afraid of anything in his life and him being nervous made him look cute.

"So...what do you think?" he asked still nervously rubbing his hands.

"This is the best date I ever would have" I said smiling and saw him visibly relax.

We went some more inside and he stopped me holding my hand.

I felt the goosebumps on my skin from his touch.

I saw him getting down on his one knee with a ring in his hand.

"Shane what is this? I am still in college." I asked him shocked by his act.

"Shh! Don't worry Maya I am not proposing you yet, just hear me out" he said in a pleading tone.

I gave him a nod letting him know that I am listening and he continued.

"I like spending time and hanging out with you. I never felt this comfortable around a girl after what happened two years back. Since then I didn't trust any girl around me but with you it's always different. The way you smile at me, the way your eyes twinkle every time you do something you like, the way you don't need any status or power for doing something you want to do, the way you treat everyone equally, the way you listen to everything that I say made me fall for you. Maya Chase, I promise you that I will never leave your side with this promise ring. Will you be my girlfriend?"

By the time he completed I stood there shocked with tears in my eyes. Never in my life did I saw someone who adored me for these qualities. I myself didn't think I have such qualities till he said and that too a person will like me for those things especially Shane Mathews.

"It's okay if you don't want to" he said getting up that's when I realised I didn't gave him an answer. I immediately went to him and hugged him.

"Yes! Yes! Of course yes I will be your girlfriend" I said looking up at him still hugging him and he hugged me back.

He made me stand in front of him so he is facing me and asked "Then why were you crying? Did I say something wrong?" with worry on his face.

"It's nothing I was just happy about what you said" I told him and he hugged me tightly again after that.

We stayed like that for few minutes when my stomach growled making me embarrassed.

"You do know how to spoil the moment right?" he teased me while laughing.

"Shut up" I said and was removing my hands from around him by moving away when he dragged me back holding me tightly by my waist.

"Who said you can leave me like that?" he asked accusingly while looking at me with an emotion in his eyes I was seeing these past few days but now I have a name to it. Adoration, he does adore me so much.

"Hmm that..." I started not knowing what to say and looked down shy.

He put his hand under my chin and made me look at him. He was looking into my eyes and then my lips and again my eyes asking for permission. I closed my eyes giving him an answer, but ladies and gentlemen there it goes again my stomach growling for food.