CHAPTER 9

Maya's POV:

After coming home I went to meet my mom who is watching a movie in the theatre room along with Meghan.

I went and sat beside her on the couch she was sitting.

"Hey baby! What happened why do you look so disturbed?" she asked just taking a glance at me.

"Nothing Mom. I am fine" I told her and was about to get up.

"Maya tell me what's going on? Is something troubling you?" she said coming close to me.

I just gave a negative nod for her question looking at her now but knowing her she wouldn't leave me till I spill my guts.

"It isn't nothing Maya. I know you very well Maya to believe those words" she said in her no escaping from this tone.

I gave out a sigh and was about to start she stopped me and got up from her place.

"Not here. Let us go somewhere else" she said glancing at Meghan who was watching the movie in half sleep.

I nodded getting up and we made our way to the garden area sitting by a bench.

I started explaining to her my situation with Kaiden and what happened today during the dinner date.

"I think you should listen to your heart Maya and do what it says. I will be there whenever you need my help" she said hugging me.

"Okay mom bye good night" I said and left to my room.

After sometime my phone started ringing and saw it was Scar's call.

"Hey" I said into the phone answering her call.

"Hey Maya! Wassup? How did your date go with Kaiden?" she asked in her cheery voice with a hint of teasing.

"It went fine but I still don't feel anything towards him even after this date" I told answering her question.

"Then did you clarify that to him?" she asked in a serious tone now.

"Yeah" I said sighing.

"So how did he take that?" she asked again.

"It seemed like he took it well I guess" I said thinking back to my conversation with him.

"Okay...But why don't you give him a chance and see?" she asked.

"I don't feel anything towards him other than friendship and he is so self-centred too" I replied to her.

"Okay! Do you like someone else or something? Maybe a crush? Or you are interested in someone else who asked you out?" she asked and my thoughts went to Shane when she asked me that question but shaking my head I tried to get rid of him.

"It is nothing like that and as you know no one asked me out before. Thinking back seeing that I am not the slim and classy type no one liked me I guess" I replied.

"Then I think you should give Kaiden a chance Maya. Seeing how he likes you a lot and at times you should adjust with what comes in life" she said to me.

"What do you mean by that Scar?" I asked her not getting from where she is coming.

"In this generation we should be lucky that someone is loving you even when you are you know chubby and all by not preferring someone skinny. You should be a lucky person to find someone who loves you like that and you being reserved isn't helping it" she said while giving out a weird laugh.

"What!! I am fine Scar if no one loves me for what I am but I am not going to love someone forcefully because they accept me even though I am chubby" I said angered by what she said.

The Billionaire's LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara