I

☆☆☆

MR KRUGER

"It's an entire group this time

"It's an entire group this time."

"Nearly 15 soldiers I heard."

You overheard some of the nurses as you as well as a few other people were assigned to the newly arriving veterans from the latest and hopefully last battle beside Marley.

Usually your hospital would gain new patients spread out throughout the weeks so residents remained somewhat manageable for the most part. Not today though.

Today, an entire group, maybe 10 or so people would be coming to the hospital and it was you, all round nurses that were assigned to them until they became comfortable enough to be handled by other nurses.

Today was not going to be as mundane as usual. Today, many of your fellow colleagues were determined to help every single one of the new patients that were about to arrive. You weren't very far off from that same goal. Whether they were Marley or Eldian it didn't really matter to you. Ofcourse, not many Marley people came here and not many wanted help from someone like you in the first place, but you didn't let that dampen any of your days because frankly, as much as you were glared, insulted or even spat at, you tried to never get to their level. An unconscious brand of hatred from a root cause that you weren't even sure of yourself. It took a really long time to feel this way. To be honest you're still working on getting out of the set mindset you were taught to believe in from a kid, but ever since Reiner came back, you've felt it's become a lot easier.

Honestly, you were also kind of lucky. Being a nurse and showcasing your capabilities in an institution where people cared more about their well being rather than being rude to an Eldian, got you the chance to show people how great you really are with your job. It's an achievement you're most proud of. To sometimes even end a day with getting a compliment from a Marleyan. Not because you wanted to be accepted by that cruel race, but because it proves your theory of ignorance being bliss. You were totally surprised upon finding out how many Marleyans didn't even know how ill treated Eldians were. You'd swear they didn't even know there was a feud. Maybe that's them just trying to make good with their wrongs before death.

Whatever it was, it gave you hope in this dull society. Hope enough to keep moving forward.

"I'm so surprised there's this many." Tanya, your close friend sighed next to you. Adjusting her little hat and patting down any creases on her uniform. Everyone's shoes clicked down the tiled hallway, soft chattering bouncing off the clean, white walls. You didn't want to add onto her sentence- even though everybody here was most likely thinking the same thing.