ll

☆☆☆

TWO SIDES

"That's it Miss Meyer, you're doing great today

"That's it Miss Meyer, you're doing great today." You encouraged an elderly Marleyan, who was trying to walk without her stick. She was gripping the side bar for dear life, as well as your wrist to ensure her safety, but it didn't hurt.

"Where's the food?" She looked to the side. Her main objective being the small snack bar a few steps infront of her. You laughed, guiding her to the table.

"You've got a really keen sense of smell  as always." You complimented, placing her palm on the table infront of the bowl of fruit and quickly grabbing a chair for her to sit down.

"What will it be today? Peaches? strawberries?" You asked, tongs in one hand and a bowl in the other.

"Anything will do sweet dear." She quietly said in her frail tone. You gave her a bunch of different fruits and placed it infront of her. Taking her hand and placing the fork between her thumb and index finger. She munched away almost instantly.

She was probably one of the oldest residents in the hospital. Unfortunately she was one of the civilian casualties many years back when a small revolution group of Eldians tried to overthrow Marley. She happened to be taking a walk in Liberio and got caught in the cross fire. Almost losing all feeling in her legs but had lost her sight completely. Yet, she still wanted to be taken care of in a hospital within Liberio despite what had happened to her. It was an admirable story to say the least.

"Doll, can you get me Tanya?" Miss Meyer requested.

"Ofcourse." You turned and scanned the room for Tanya. You saw her doing a check list in the far back of the room, but looked up in your direction when she felt a pair of eyes on her. She saw you waving for her to come over. When she saw who was seated next to you, she knew what was happening and quickly made her way.

"Hey." She said to you with a small smile then turned to Miss Meyer.

"Hi Miss Meyer." Tanya said in a friendly manner, crouching down to hear her voice.

You took that as an opportunity to look around the room and see if any patient's needed help. It's been a few days since the new patients arrived and most of them already seemed to be used to the environment. Coincidentally, Mr Kruger who had just walked in with a nurse by his side, was 1 of the few other patients that just seemed to be incredibly closed off. He was guided to an empty round table and left alone as he always liked it. 

Despite his request for his own space, you wanted to become acquainted with him as you have with many of the new patients and since Mr Kruger rarely came out of his room, you siezed the opportunity, grabbed a plate of food and walked to his table.

"Good morning Mr Kruger." You approached him with a warm smile. The sunlight had hit his features just enough to have his green orbs dazzle when he looked up. You were immediately fascinated with them. What an extraordinary contrast it was. You've stared into the eyes of many people and have come to understand fairly well what emotions reside within them. Many have fear, some have anger, but his was nothing of the sorts. His was just a shell. Totally devoid of any emotion what so ever, yet they shined the brightest shade of green you'd ever seen on a person.