IV

☆☆☆

HIS MIND

"Did you hear? They're back. Came in about a week ago." Your colleague said, breaking the silence within the filing room.

"Yeah, I know. Figured when the new patients arrived."

"Have you gone to see them?"

"Not yet. Probably will soon though." You corrected one persons file with a pen. Closing it and then tucking it back into the cabinet.

"Give a good word in with Reiner for me, yeah?" Your colleague winked playfully, knowing that you were close with the male, walking past you with a box in her hand to place it ontop of the desk where you both would be organizing it. You had to make sure you rolled your eyes to the max dramatic capacity. Here we go again, you thought. If you got just a cent for how many times woman and men at the hospital asked you to try and hook them up with Reiner, you'd be rich. Same goes for almost every other warrior to be honest.

"Wouldn't it be more effective if you just went up to him yourself? Like I've been suggesting?"

"With a brooding face like that? The guys almost unapproachable." She scoffed in amusement. You couldn't deny that but had this reflex to gasp in offense at her snide remark to one of your closest friends.

"There's more to him than just a brooding face-"

"Oh I know, his muscles could suffocate me any day." She dreamily sighed. You made an inhuman sound at the profanity, smacking her arm with the faintest blush. These woman had no shame!

After almost an eternity of reorganizing the files and painfully listening to your colleagues fantasies with Reiner, it was time to do the physical on the patients. Every nurse on duty for the day would receive their file of patients from the help desk where each are assigned a specific floor.

You went to grab yours. This subtle hope clouding your thoughts as you approached. You've been wanting to delve into another encounter with him for awhile now. It was undeniable. The man was intriguing. Many of the nurses within Liberios hospital have come to realize that but non the wiser to approach him any differently.

'He's just a lucky man' they say.

'You're prying too much' they say.

Sure Mr Kruger looks normal. Seems typical and probably won't cause even a handful of trouble with his time here. But that wasn't the point. It didn't matter how well behaved he was. What mattered was the way he would act when he can't put up that farce anymore.

You opened the file with a bit too much haste, glancing up just to check if anyone noticed your eager behavior and when you didn't catch any eyes, you continued to scan the contents within. You followed the list over and over, it was an incredibly small list. Only 6 people, but you kept rechecking like a nut. Eventually allowing the disappointment to settle in.