XIII

☆☆☆

FALLEN

Noon comes around quickly, and you and Mr Kruger walk to the therapy room. You were hoping this would help him in some way. You had to attend this session regardless of whether Mr. Kruger accepted your suggestion or not, so you just thought it would be worth a shot if you could somehow get him to attend. It wasn't just your normal kind of therapy session. This kind usually delves deep into a persons thoughts. It's worked on some of your hardest patients before, and you usually only use it as a trump card. Seeing as how it was a strain to get him to confide in 1 person, maybe resonating with others will do the trick.

"This is a very safe space, Mr Kruger, so there's no need to worry." You say, glancing back at him to see his demeanor. He walked with very little energy, one could say that is because of his missing leg, but you could tell his attention was on the countless doors you were passing and not on the session he would be attending, taking in each patient as you walked by.

He still seemed to be in another realm, you thought. Once you reached your destination, you opened the door for him, greeted by the 4 other patients that sat around in a small circle.

"Where would you like to sit?" You ask, stepping beside him. He answers by walking to the seat he desired. You weren't affected by his lack of verbal communication, quite used to it by now, and the fact that he was even here was more than enough. You take a quick scan of which nurses were here. Recognizing Dina, you give her a small smile to which she returns and proceed to make your way to a spot.

"Hey." You whisper to one nurse politely, going to one side of the room. She says hi back and asks,

"How did you get him to come here?" She nods to Mr Kruger.

You shrugged.

"I asked."

"Just asked?"

"Yeah, why?" She looks at you with a raised eyebrow, not buying it.

"He doesn't do anything for anyone unless you're the one that asks him." You catch the insolent undertone in her voice, her behavior starting to irritate you.

'Well, maybe if I'm the only one that sees he's struggling and gives enough shits to check up on him, of course he'd listen to me more.'

That's what you wanted to say. But instead, you look at her confused and answer her slowly as though you're trying to understand the difficulty in such a common sense analogy.