The Love Curse

[Chapter 2]

It was loud.

Very loud.

You looked around the party for familiar faces and come up empty. It was filled with unfamiliar people and bright colorful flashing lights. It made my stomach swirl. Not a good feeling. Even with the airconditioning at the corner of the room, it still felt warm. Stickily so, like an highschool gym. You hated it there. Nanami was never really the sporty type either, so both of you rarely went there of your own violation.

You pushed past bodies and quickly made your way to the bar where you slid unto a stool, leaving your heeled leg to swing. You regretted coming, but decided to stay and take a drink while you were here. You would leave after wishing Shoko a Happy Birthday.

"A drink for a beautiful lady? What would you like?"

At some point in time the bartender slides over. His voice was smooth, melodic. Strangely loud over the cheerful pop music blaring. You dont really pay attention to such details, you were too busy looking to spot familiar faces in the crowd.

"Surprise me. Something strong." You glanced upwards but due to the strong light flashing, you were unable to see the bartender. When your eyes adjusted enough his back was already turned as he reached here and there to make your drink.

You started running your hand against the smooth table in absentminded thought, enjoying the mild entertainment watching him busy himself with your drink. He never seemed to stop moving adding this and that. This drink would either be really good or be alcohol poisoning in a glass.

It doesn't take long before your drink was placed before you. It came in a bright red shade, almost the color of blood. A curious color, for it was green just a minute before.

"It's my unique masterpiece. " The bartender said, tucking a strand of flyaway hair from his face. He had long hair, longer than yours was. It looked silky; well maintained. . "I call it 'The love curse'. Try it. Tell me how you like it?"

You looked at the drink in contemplation, a weird feeling brewing inside you. Seeing the bartender staring at you, seemingly waiting for you to rate it, you exhale and take a large chug.

It burned like hell.

Cough cough "What the hell is this?" you sputtered. The music covered your coughs. This shit burns.

You were about to complain when the flavour hit you. It was a sweet taste like a fruit of some sort. Peaches perhaps? It was a lovely taste. You paused for a bit relishing in it. It was amazing.

You take another sip. This time cautious of the burn. Unexpectedly, the expected burn was gone. All you could taste was the sweetness mixed with, you realized, a hint of bitterness at the end.

You could feel warmth spreading through your entire body from your stomach outwards. It was unlike anything you'd ever had before. Your entire body was warm, from your toes to your very scalp. For a second you could even forget all about him. Him?

Who?

You went blank for a moment

Nanami, yes.

"Wow, this is strong." You commented, your words slow but still coherent, It was just one drink in and you were already forgetting your husband... no, ex husband now.

"So what do you think?" The bartender asks, bending forward to pour another glass, and coincidentally blocking the light shining into your eyes enough so you could make out his features.

Long dark hair with an unruly strand framing the side of his face, high cheeks and a straight nose. But what stuck out to you was a scar on his forehead, straight across his forehead yet jagged as if the stitch scars never truly went away. Scary looking.

It would be rude to ask and so you swallowed your question with another swig. The familiar feeling enveloping you.

He says something else, while sliding a slip of paper towards you, you couldn't quite tell what it was but you didn't quite care, as your mind floated away.

All of a sudden the loud music and the crowd of people packed into the room didn't make you so uncomfortable. Everything seemed fun.

After a while of sitting alone familiar face pushes towards you through the crowd.

"Y/N?" The voice seems unsure at first, "Damn, she's drunk? Kento's got her messed up, huh. How much did she drink?"

"Two shots."

"What? Y/N? Getting drunk in two shots? Impossible."

"Yeah. The other bartender guy was there, chatting it up with her. I counted, two shots. I was about to tell him to help with the other people at the bar when he said he needed to get something, 'round back-"

"Which other bartender? I only hired you."

"..."

I look up at the people who were talking over me in confusion. A woman, dressed in a dress and the thick scent of cigarettes cloaking her body and a man in his 20's, staring at me. No matter how much I tried to stare at their faces, I couldn't quite place faces with the names, although the woman herself seemed familiar.

"...who are you?" Your voice came out slurred, like molasses, as you pointed at the woman, who was staring at you in concern.

"Kento's gonna kill me, i swear to God." The woman cursed under her breath before leaning forward and tucking one of her arms under your arm and around your body. "Up we go. Lets get you home."

You struggle a bit. The sudden movement made you dizzy.

"Fuck." The woman cursed as you wiggle. "Gojo stop standing there being useless and help me."

A man walks forwards, you look at him in confusion, and for a moment you forget to struggle. You unconsciously lean away from him, almost tripping over your barstool. The noise and the smell of the place seems to all slam into you at one time. Nausea rushes into you like waves.

He pauses, before looking towards the woman.

"Shoko, she looks like she's about to puke."

And i do.