The You That Feels

CHAPTER 8

Your mind ran over the words you had heard in your ear before you hung up the phone this morning.  Meet him tomorrow and get answers to all your questions.  As the seconds grew you could feel your questions growing with them.  An agitation that you knew was not your own welled up within you, with a sigh you ran a finger over the plant and felt the feeling retreating within you.  What the actual fuck is going on.

"Gojo you can't stay here."   You tried your best to sound as level and normal as possible.

You looked at Satoru with as much of a deadpan face as you could possibly manage.  You needed to leave and with him here you couldn't.  It was Gran'  law.  Dogs and Gojo were not allowed to be left in the bakery unattended. This was one rule you never wanted to bend.  You even agreed with it.

"You look anxious, going somewhere interesting?"  Gojo sipped his milk tea, slowly.  You weren't sure if it was that he wasn't getting the message or if he was just being an ass.  Both were highly likely.

"So there's this guy who came to the bakery-"

Gojo's eyes widened exponentially.  He was so extra but at the same time, you felt that he was the only person you could talk to about something like this.  You couldn't place where this thought came from, but you decided to trust it.

"Okayyyyyyyyy, Y/N."  He sits up in his chair.  I hate this man.

You take a swig of your coffee.  Your eyes are on the clock.  You couldn't help it.

"Who?"  Gojo winks, "A love interest?"

" You know what.  Nevermind."  You take up a rag to go and wipe the tables one last time.   What were you thinking about going to Gojo for something like this?

"Hey, Y/N.  What's this? Is it yours?"  Gojo points at your plant.... No, Gran's plant.  It was Gran's plant, not yours.  It belonged to gran.  You manually corrected the thought.

"I'm not even sure," I responded with a shrug.  "It's Gran's"

You ran a finger over the plant again, this time in a nameless possessive urge. 

"Can I touch it?"  He reaches a tentative finger out at your plant.

With a speed you could barely imagine humans, you yank the plant away from Gojo and tuck it behind your back protectively. 

Only after you had completed the action did you return to your senses.  You had overreacted.  Shit. Shit Shit Shit. 

"HAhaha..." Shit.

Gojo looks at you with concern.  "Are you okay, Y/N?  Genuinely?"

"Yeah... I'm good!'

Your eyes made your way to the clock again.  Screw Gojo and the rules, you had to leave.

You threw your apron on the counter and grabbed your purse and plant. 

"Lock up after yourself."  You forced out a smile as you dashed to the door.

"What if I burn down the building?"

You turned around and glared at him, before opening the door and leaving him in the store, completely unaware of the chill that had just filled the room.

Gojo tapped a beat onto the table before reaching into his pocket for his phone, wordlessly dialing a number.

"Gojo, delete my number."

Unlike usual, there was none of the trademark Gojo cheer in his voice. "Something's wrong."

"I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT MYSELF."  Shoko cursed under her breath.  "I heard her, she did not say anything about a blonde.  She said her bartender had a scar on his forehead.  We all know the only shady person with a scar on his forehead."

The tapping on the table sped up. 

"Where is she now, Gojo?"  Shoko asked.  "I hope your dumb ass isn't talking in front of her."

"I'm not. She ran out and left me in the bakery."

"...you're messing with me.  Y/N Nanami-... L/N, left YOU in the bakery?"

"She did."

Silence.

The Y/N we know would have never done something like that unless she felt that she had no choice.

"AND YOU DIDN'T FOLLOW HER IMMEDIATELY?"

"Didn't need to.  Not when she left such an interesting curse trail behind."

"A curse trail?"

"A curse trail."

..................................................................................................................................................................

"You're early!"  Geto smiled.

"Do not play coy with me."  You dropped the plant onto the table with a soft bang.  "Explain."

The man smiled, It was a smile you couldn't quite read.  It irked you all the same.

The plant on the table shivered.

Suguru reached a finger out at the plant.  Inwardly you brace for the wave of possessiveness to wash over you but unexpectedly, it did not come.  Instead, a feeling of comfort filled you.

"It's a lovely plant isn't it."  He asked suddenly.  His eyes finally meet yours.

You didn't speak.  You just kept your eyes on him glaringly.

"This plant wasn't for you."  He comments.  You rolled your eyes.  Tell me something I don't know. "In fact, it should be impossible for this plant to be for you."

"This plant is a human-faced plant, yes, but in some circles, it's referred to as a 'seal'.  It's a vessel to contain something called 'cursed energy' which it uses to sustain it.  It takes it in, a bit like how we humans breathe, stores it, and uses it to grow."  He pauses for a moment to take a sip of his tea.  "Here's where you come in.  The plant needs a copious amount of cursed energy to survive, usually, it only manages to grow on Aokigahara."

Inwardly you shivered but you kept your face as placid as possible.  That doesn't stop the plant on the table from swaying in invisible wind. 

"However, you," He pauses,  "You have enough trapped cursed energy stored within you that a reclusive plant such as this decided that it would do anything to keep you and you have no idea what's going on~ It's laughable really."

A thin veil of silence passes

"What do you mean?"

"This entire conversation, how does it make you feel?"  He pauses, not a pause for you to respond, because it was a rhetorical question. "Anxious?  Nervous?  Confused?  But you yourself haven't noticed that not once have you doubted what I've said.  Do you want to know why?"

"They lied to you Y/n~"

A/N

Oh wow!

A silly little update!

Random but I really like the idea that all jjk villains are manipulative pricks.

Did I embody it well?  Idk

Either way, it's a silly little headcanon in my silly little fanfiction, that makes silly little me happy