Chapter 11: Port Angeles

3rd POV A collection of haphazard shacks and boat docks, connected by wood plank sidewalks

3rd POV
A collection of haphazard shacks and boat docks, connected by wood plank sidewalks.

Waylon Forge, Charlie's older half brother, the hippy logger who's been stalking Elizabeth who's his biological daughter, is scraping paint off his boat, swigging a pint as he listens to his prehistoric Walkman.

His old dog lies next to him as the sounds of the forest and river chirp and buzz. Waylon sings along to his Walkman.

Suddenly, the sounds of nature abruptly silence themselves. The dog raises his head, starts to growl. Waylon doesn't notice as he's too busy singing, as he's working... until he looks up and realizes the dog's gone "Jerry?" Waylon pulls off the headphones and whistles but Jerry doesn't respond. Waylon walks up a walkway... then sees a dog leg, sticking out from under a bush "Come on, Jerry, you old mutt."

He pulls at the leg. It's detached. He reels back, stumbling onto his boat, frantically untying the line and pushing out.  Waylon floats, breath short, listening acutely. On the woods lining the river. Ominous darkness. A noise. He jerks around. Nothing. Then suddenly, his boat rocks violently; he spins around to see that a man now stands on the bow. James, 30, pale white male vampire. But his eyes, unlike the Cullens, are a deep and sinister burgundy m, and absolutely lethal. His catlike movements are always on the edge of a crouch.

"H-how did you do that?" Waylon asks and James says "Always the same inane questions.." Waylon turns but a woman leaps onto the boat it's Victoria, a 26 year old woman with chaotic red hair filled with leaves from the woods. Terrified, Waylon spins around to see Laurent, 28, glossy black hair, dark velvety skin, lounging on his boat seat. All three Nomads wear frayed clothes, and all three are bare foot.

"What do you want?" James continues and Victoria chimes in "Why are you doing this?" Laurent sighs and says "... James, must we?" James smirks and says "The question really should be, will it hurt?"Victoria grins sadistically. Then with lightening fast speed, the three of them violently lunge at Waylon.

His screams fill the empty air.

Elizabeth's POV