Chapter 13: Bella knows

Elizabeth's POV We arrived at school the next day and Bella immediately goes to stand in the center of the deserted, green lawn

Elizabeth's POV
We arrived at school the next day and Bella immediately goes to stand in the center of the deserted, green lawn. I read her mind and realized that I missed a page when I tore them out of the book. The bell rings and students exit class, rushing past Bella as she stands still as do I, we wait together.

Across the lawn, heading to class. Edward sees Bella, and sees the intensity on her face. He stops. Startled and uncomfortable. He looks around and I telepathically think to him 'She found out. I'm so sorry Edward' his face hardened and he thinks 'It's not your fault, little bird' Bella suddenly walks to him, eyes meeting his... her look says, we have
to talk... and she continues directly past him, into the dark forest that borders the school.

He watches her disappear in the trees, then takes a step to follow. Jasper moves in front of him, and Rosalie grabs his arm "Edward, don't go" she pleads "Isabella is unstable, and you could be forced to kill her" But Alice gently removes Rosalie's hand from his arm "He's already there....but he's not alone" they watch as Edward and I both go to confront Bella together.

In the woods, Bella stands amid the trees, waiting. Then the sounds of the forest abruptly drop out. A predator is near. Edward and I both appear behind her. She doesn't turn around.

"You're impossibly fast, and strong. Your skin is pale-white, ice-cold. Your eyes change color, and sometimes you speak like... you're from a different time" Bella starts her dramatic and wordy speech then she turns to face him and is surprised that I'm there. She glared at me before continuing "You never eat food, or drink water, or come out in the sunlight" She steps closer to him I can tell that she's trying to be sensual in her movements and nearly gag as I read her disgusting mind.

'I need to stop doing that before I get nightmares..... or locked in a psych ward' I think.

"How old are you?" She asks in a lower 'seductive' tone while fluttering her eyelashes. Edward reluctantly answers uncomfortably "Seventeen" slightly frustrated by his unwillingness to admit his true nature she presses and asks "How long have you been seventeen?" Edward hesitated unsure of how to answer. He sees he can't hide anymore. Honesty is an enormous risk, but he has to take it to appease her, so he tells a half truth "... A while."

"I know what the Cold Ones are. What you are" she says, Edward glared at her hatefully and I take his hand hoping to calm him slightly "Say it, then. Out loud. Go on say it" he hissed at her and pulls me closer to him protectively. All sound suddenly seems to drop out as we hear her whisper "... Vampire."

"Are you afraid?" He asks, and Bella answers with a smile "No" Edward scoffs and asks her angrily "Then ask me the most basic question: what do we eat?" And Bella confidently says "You won't hurt me" Edward barks out a cruel laugh making her smile fade and he asks her "What makes you think that?" She then stupidly says "Because I'm your mate...?"

The forest goes silent again as Edward stands there in repulsed shock. My jaw drops then I start laughing my ass off.

 My jaw drops then I start laughing my ass off