Chapter 10: The Boat and candlestick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This ball had left Percy feeling quite anxious.

Of course, he attended several parties underwater, however most were filled with revelry, loud music and hearty dancing. Nothing as stuffy and boring as this ball- party.

Under the sea, parties happened every few moons. With some merpeople getting intoxicated off of jellyfish strings and some consuming squid ink, it was a shameless affair which normally left one laughing until their stomachs hurt. Many showed up quite naked as well, as if refusing to have their dancing be restricted bt clothing.

Percy definitely preferred that over this. He was left feeling quite bored after Prince Malcolm left him in the corner of the room, instead choosing to mingle with the pretty women.

He wished Annabeth was here. He hadn't seen her all day, which by their standards was a lot.

"Hello, do I know you?" a man approached Percy, his blue eyes reminded Percy of Tyson's fins.

Percy opened his mouth to reply, but when no sound came out he opted for holding his throat and shaking his head.

"You're....mute?" The blonde Prince asked, his expression turning to one of confusion.

Percy didn't understand the meaning of the word but nodded anyway. He was glad that someone found him. He was considering throwing himself out of the window.

"Ah...I'm Jason," the boy shook Percy's hand,"I've never seen you before. Who invited you?"

As if the Gods had answered the question for him, trumpets played from atop the grand staircase and out came the Queen, Minerva.

She walked down the staircase as gracefully as she could, however Percy had a strong feeling she was in a drunken state. Her slurred speech and abnormal smile suggested such.

After the Queen's grand entrance, came the princess of Athens. The crowd surged forward to see her. It seemed she was far more welcome than the queen.

Percy couldn't see Annabeth through thick crowd near the staircase, the boy next to him took his hand and dragged him with him.

Together, the boys pushed their way through the crowd. And Percy could finally understand why everyone rushed to see the princess.

Annabeth was a vision. She was as radiant as the moon in that gown, it glowed on her skin.
Around her neck, was the stone she had found, only now it was a necklace.It  shined under the chandeliers

Percy had a hard time looking away, his eyes glued to her. As the North Star guides a sailor home, when Annabeth's eyes met his he found himself gliding toward her.

The world faded away behind them, the chatter and music left in wind.