Chapter 18: The journey to Olympus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The journey to Olympus waned for over six hours, and the princess of Athens was extremely grateful when the ship finally docked.

She took tentative steps towards the shoreline, her legs taking their time in getting used to solid ground.

As she descended, she jumped straight into a pair of waiting arms, hugging the body tightly as she a wide smile spread across her face.

"Luke!" she cried, pulling him tighter. It had been over 3 years since she saw him, and she'd missed him terribly.

"How are you, Annie?" he chuckled, nuzzling the top of her head affectionately, "we have a lot of catching up to do."

"When I'm queen, I'm going to make it compulsory for everyone to greet me first. I cannot keep having women launching themselves at my husband," Thalia said from beside Luke, stomping her booted foot in mock annoyance.

Princess Thalia was the heir to the throne of Olympus, the biggest kingdom west of Athens.
And more importantly, she was Annabeth's dearest friend, a sister, even.

"Thalia!" Annabeth laughed, wrapping her arms around the heir of Olympus, "Ive missed you!"

Thalia placed a light kiss on the top of Annabeth's head, pulling apart to examine her, "Is that wench you call an aunt feeding you properly?"

"Thalia!" Luke gasped, trying and failing desperately to hide his amusement.

Annabeth laughed, placing her head on Thalia's shoulder as she directed the newly-arrived folk to their temporary residence.

"I don't believe I've had the time to tell you! But we cleared up our Jupiter's fort for you to stay in, you know, to keep you as far away from my step-monster as possible!"

Annabeth laughed, "But do I really want to sleep on the same chambers where you and Luke had your honeymoon?" she teased.

Thalia chuckled, "Might do you some good. Maybe you'll finally be able to find yourself a suitor or lover to keep you company"

"Honestly, do you not get bored sitting in your dusky library all day?" Luke asked from beside her.

"I'll have you know my library is not dusky!" Annabeth pouted, pushing Luke away lightly

"All right all right cease your fire," Luke grinned, bringing his hands up in a mock surrender.

"Speaking of....Jupiter's fort....do I have to stay there alone or can I take a friend to keep me company?" Annabeth asked

"A friend? You've managed to make a friend?" Thalia replied, scrunching her nose in disbelief, "I need to meet her to believe it."

"Oh!" Annabeth gasped, "I'll meet you at the fort! I have something to take care of first!" she said, sprinting away from the confused couple.