Chapter 31: The Truth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weight of her mind was a burden the princess of Athens had learnt to carry herself. And recently, that burden had increased tenfold, as if she were carrying the weight of the sky on her shoulders.

From her aunt's court running her nation into ruin, a war looming over her head and peasant revolts uprising across the country, it was not an easy time for her.

She thought luck was finally on her side when she'd been blessed with a companion as wonderful as Percy. He'd been someone she could share the weight of her mind with, someone she trusted so Implicitly that she would walk through hell by his side.

But...It was harder to walk alone after she'd find someone she wanted by her side forever. She so desperately wanted to fix what went awry with them, to understand this abnormal drift.

Why could he not just tell her? Did he not trust her? Had she misinterpreted their relationship?

These thoughts were plaguing her heart, her kingdom's problems were weighing on her mind.

With no Percy around her help her centre herself, she chose a different method to occupy herself. She put on some training clothes she, and practiced her weaponry on the cliff by the sea.

She might not have all the answers, but atelast she had a way to expel her fustration.

No matter how violent the method was.

She practiced a few rounds of archery, shooting at some citrines which were nestled within a quite tall tree.

After which, she brought out a jousting sword, thrusting it towards a mound of air which she imagined was her aunt.

The princess of Athens was so lost in her movements in fact, she did not notice the son of the sea sneak up behind her.

He leaned against a tree, enthralled as he watched her practice and curse at the air. He even found a fruit on the grass and feasted on a few quietly.

It wasn't until Annabeth sat down on the grass, catching her breath that Percy appeared.

He clapped, looking quite amused as he approached her.

He seemed different, more relaxed than he had since they returned from Olympus. Was it the alcohol which loosened his disdain of her?

"Percy!" Annabeth gasped, "how long were you watching?"

The boy shrugged, smirking.

Would you like a partner? he signed, or does the wind satisfy you?

Annabeth fought back a smile, "I would love a partner."

Percy nodded. He gestured her to wait a while, before dashing off towards the fort. He returned a while later, a similar lance in his hand.