34. new years kisses*

DAKOTA

Even though Parker has been here for five days now, I've hardly gotten to see him. Brooks has a sixth sense, and the second Parker tries to sneak over to my house for the night, he wakes up and smacks him with a foam finger until he lays back down.

During the days, Connor and I's dads have been whisking the guys away to golf and work on building my mom's new gardening boxes. We maybe get a half-hour of alone time in the evenings, when he'd hang out in my room for a little bit after dinner.

That was until Ellie and her brother, Nate, flew in yesterday and now she and I are sharing my bed, meaning he and I only see eachother in group settings.

On top of that, Parker is dead-set on showing minimal physical touch around my parents, I'm lucky if he'll throw an arm around my shoulders when I sit next to him on the couch. Then he has the nerve to give me the puppy dog eyes every night when the guys head back to Connor's house, begging me to save him.

That being said, the fact that he hasn't stopped touching me once tonight is no surprise.

"To another year with my best friend!" Ellie taps our shot glasses together before we throw them back, grimacing at the lingering taste of tequila on our tongues.

With us, Connor, Nate, Brooks, and Parker each nurse a single beer while they talk all things hockey, wanting to stay sober since Ellie and I are not holding back.

"Crazy that the season's halfway over already," Parker shakes his head in disbelief, rubbing a hand over my legs that rest overtop of his.

From across the circular booth, Brooks sets his drink down. "What are the odds Coach Cooper sheds a tear or two when he gives us our awards?"

"Oh he will, the man's a huge softy on the inside," Connor points out. "Did you guys hear they're moving the banquet up to some time in February since so many of us will be gone by April?"

"Speaking of," Nate cuts in, "I expect free tickets whenever I want them."

"You got it, man," Parker laughs before looking down at me. "You still doing good, love?"

I peck his cheek, smiling happily. "I'm great."

He brushes a piece of hair behind my shoulder, his fingers lightly tickling my neck. "You wanna be my date to the banquet?"

"Hmm," I purse my lips in thought, turning to Brooks. "Do you have a date yet? I don't want to accidentally make myself unavailable to my first choice."

"Shut up," Parker uses a finger under my chin, bringing my eyes back to his striking green ones. "I take back the question, you will be my date for the banquet."

"Bossy," I push my mouth against his, starting to feel the alcohol.

Kissing me back with just as much vigor, his tongue pushes its way into my mouth, turning me on to the max. Just as I try to climb further on top of him, Connor clears his throat loudly, causing Parker to pull away from me quickly.

He shoots me a glare, "if you could kindly keep it PG for the next two minutes, I would appreciate it."

"Sorry," Parker says for the both of us, rubbing my back.

"As I was trying to say, Ellie, would you like to come to the banquet with me?"

She blanches, "as your date?"

"As my date."

Nate leans forward between them, eyes on Connor, "if you hurt her, I'll end your career before it even starts."