2) Little Devils

It wasn't a very refreshing day for him. Carrying all luggage from the railway station to finally reaching his new apartment felt like crazy in this summer.

Chandigarh was way more better

Taking a deep breath and collecting his room key he slid into the lift and was about to press the 7th floor when he heard a shriek voice but too late... or not
A younger girl came rushing and panting and leaning against the lift. She also pressed the 7th floor button

She was weird?

No not exactly weird but amusing maybe. She had light brown, beautiful small eyes he noticed. She opened her messy hair which smelt of sweat of Summers and adjusted them boringly, seeming very tired.

Shrugging his irrevelent thoughts he focused on the numbers which finally slid on 7th floor. He grabbed his luggage and put his first step when her voice stopped him. He turned around to meet the brown eyes once again.

He didn't knew any Sumit kaka or Kajal aunty as of now.

And neither he wasn't any Rohini's boyfriend.

He almost almost scoffed at the prediction.

Definitely not a boyfriend material he was

He tried to interrupt her ''I'm the new-

"Oh you're my new neighbour. I get it now. Cool."

he looked at her bewildered.

She even said she will show his apartment and without a word walked away.

Are people of 21st century this crazy?

He never thought.

She gave a smile and narrated who lives where and continued speaking God knows what. But he was thankful, atleast he didn't had boring neighbours or gossip aunties.

This chatterbox was much better, lively and amusing.

'chatterbox' he concluded

'Hoping to see you soon Mr .. uhm.. Mr. New Neighbour?' with a grin she was into her room leaving him once again surprised

Woah

He took a deep breathe and unlocked and gate and dragged his luggage inside. He took out his phone but stopped from dialling

They must be busy right now.
Sighing he walks over and takes a look at his new home now. It was small yet cozy space which looked perfect for him. It was at the lowest cost he could afford, 1BHK flat with a small balcony. He was contended. He wasn't a daydreamer. He lived in reality, accepted reality. And it was okay for him.
He wasn't boring, he had his fair share of joy in the day. He was a family person too who loved and cherished his small family.

He finally calls and after two rings his mother picks up the call. 'pauch gye?'

'haan ma, thodi der hogyi.'

'theek hai, dhyan rakhna and don't overwork and stress yourself.' he smiled at her words

'i will not, and aap log bhi apna dhyan rakhna I'll call you everyday.'

'jeeta rah.'
( Kind of blessing we give in North India)

He took out the charger and put it to charging and changed his attire. He was damn hungry at this point but didn't had the energy to make anything.

Well he didn't even have the groceries. He wanted to go back to Chandigarh where struggles were less. But well, life doesn't goes as we want.

Settling his things in bedroom and setting up his table and bed he walks into the kitchen. Except water there was nothing. He lost the number of times he has sighed today but well no explanations.