7) Friendships

Sumedh's POV :

I bet this girl didn't sleep last night.
Uncomfortably sleeping in the taxi.

Forgive me, but I had to do this. I shifted her head to my shoulder so that she becomes comfortable.

Life isn't easy for anyone. Anyone could clearly say that she's feeling vulnerable bidding goodbye to her dad.
It's okay, she could confess it. But I wonder why she hides those emotions.
She's an insane woman. Irresponsible too. Who skips her meals almost daily? And takes too much stress.

Her phone rang which was in her lap. It was somebody called "Jun".

I decided not to answer but this guy had no patience. At the 7th time, I finally picked up.

"You dropped uncle? " Was the first thing I heard. I wanted to yell at this man for calling numerous times but it was for uncle, concern was visible.

"Hello." I answer

"Who you're? And whats Mallika's phone doing with you? Where's she? " He bombarded questions.

"Calm down. I'm Sumedh, her neighbour." I answer

"Shit, sorry professor. "

Looks like they're scared of professors.

"It's fine. And for you question, yes we've dropped Uncle and currently returning back to our block, and in traffic. And Mallika is sleeping. " I answer.

"Oh, alright. Btw, I'm Arjun. Arjun Verma you'll see me in your class soon." He says playfully and hangs up.

Arjun?
Then why does Mallika call her Jun?
I mean its weird.

He looks like his close friend or something.

Boyfriend?

No, I don't think so. Handling this girl isn't an easy task, and definitely who will want to bear this headache.

We reached after 1.25 hours of traffic. And she's still sleeping.

"Mallika." I shake her.

"Let me sleep " She whines.

"We're back to the apartment. " I say and she slowly opens her eyes. Her eyes widens looking at me.

Oh, shit.

I moved away from her and she stumbles back.

"Sorry." She whispers and gets out.

"I'll pay. " I say when she takes out her wallet.

"No, it's fine. " She says.

"You paid last time too, let me. " She didn't argue and let me pay.

It was around 9:30 and today I had to reach by 10:30. I can leave by 10:00 .

"Breakfast by Kajal aunty. Pri msged." I nod at her words entering the lobby.

We entered the elevator, reach our floor and walk to Kajal aunty's room.

" Finally! " A guy yells and walks towards us.

"What you're doing here? " Mallika asks in a daze.

"To have delicious food by my favorite chef!" He chirps happily.

"Why? Shall I go? You don't want me? " He says dramatically.

"As I care. " Mallika whispers.

"Anyways, you didn't sleep right? " He says.

Mallika didnt reply.

"You aren't going to college today. " He says.

"But-