8) Questions

Sumedh's POV :

It was 6PM when I reached back to my apartment. I called Vedika to know about her day.

"Hello." She answered.

"How is my clumsy sister doing? " I ask.

"hey, I'm not clumsy. " She protested.

"Whatever. But how was your day? "

"Awesome. I have my freshers party in 3 days, I'm soo excited. " I laugh at that.

"You were also excited, so don't laugh. " I hum in response.

"How's ma ? I ask. She goes silent suddenly.

" Doing fine. " She replied with a pause. "And dad? " I said in a low tone.

"Working day and night, managing the loans." She whispers.

He took student loan for both me and Vedika. Now we're in huge debt with interest.
Dad's working really hard, and I'm here for the same.

Work hard, earn and repay all the loans he took for my education.
We've enough to survive but still, loans are pending. 60% of my salary will go home, 20% of it to dad and mom and 40% for my loan and remaining 40% in managing the expenses of Living here and other things.

"hello, bhai? " I got back to earth after listening to Vedika. "yeah, fine. Take care. Call me if you need something. " I disconnected the call.

I lied on my bed wandering how was I going to manage so many things? I didn't felt hungry so decided to skip dinner. Sleep took over me, I didn't even realize. 

"Ring.. ring.. ring..

" Hello? " I lazily answered the call.

"Arjun this side. " I opened my eyes and sat on the bed. "Yeah, evening Arjun what happened? " I asked still yawning.

"Did I disturb your pretty nice sleep? "

"Of course, but now tell me why did u call. " I said.

"It's Saturday, can I come over? " He questions. "Both of you? " I ask.

"Yeah, any problem, we can manage? " He asks.

"Y.. I mean no. In half an hour then. " I say.

"Cool. See ya! " And he hangs up. After some time the door bell rang. I peeped, it was Mallika. I opened the door

"good evening professor." She says in a heavy tone.

"Evening Ms. Mehra. " I replied back to the formal tone.

"You can call me Mallika. " She says.

"You also can call me Sumedh. " I replied back with a small smile. "Fine." She didn't argue this time, and I was surprised. She didn't said a word later.

A few mins later, Arjun too came. "hey bro! " He said happily unless he saw Mallika and his smile vanished. "Come." I invited him in.

"So, we've 3 main topics, let's start with the difficult one. I mean atleast for you people. The past of global economy" I started and they nodded.

I tried my level best to explain in simple words, and they were trying their best to process everything. After explaining for 40 mins, I decided to take a break.

"Water? " I asked. They shake their head in no. I drank water, and they got into the textbooks.

"I hope the topic was clear? " I asked. 

 "Yeah." Arjun smiled while Mallika nodded blankly. We continued it for next 2 hours and a major portion of a chapter was done.

"Woah, why don't you teach like this in college?" Arjun asks leaning back into the couch.