14: New friendship

Guys, please do likes and comments. It will boost my interest to write. Views get almost 1k and like doesn't even goes to 100. Comments are another case💔

Author's POV.

The next morning when Dua went to college her eyes were continuously searching for Ruhan. She felt bad for snapping at him but Ruhan was not in the university or maybe did not want to come in front of Dua.

She attended her classes as usual and went to the canteen with her cousin and friends. She sat with them and was having her food with light talks here and there when someone calls Ruhan's name catching her attention. She looked in the direction and saw that guy who calls walking toward Ruhan who was at the entrance of the canteen.

That guy was talking to him when his eyes fall on Dua. Dua stared back at him and contemplated whether she should go to him or not. She wanted to apologise as well as thank him but didn't find it in her to approach him as he just look away from her and turn fully toward the guy.

Dua bites her lips staring at her food. After some time gathering some courage she stood up when she saw him biding that guy and walking out of the canteen.

"I will be back" with that she walked toward the way he left.

"Ruhan"

Hearing his name Ruhan stopped and turn toward Dua. Dua slowly made her way toward him.

"Yes, Dua." He asks polity.

"Uh...um..i... I want to.... talk to you" stuttering she said. She never felt this much nervousness talking to someone but then again this was the first time she was approaching a guy by herself. His lips curve up seeing her nervousness.

"Sit here," he said sitting on a nearby  bench. "Now tell me what you wanted to talk about." After they sat on the bench at safe distance he asked softly.

"I'm sorry" taking a deep breath, Dua begins. "I know I shouldn't snap at you like that when you just helped me. I should've thanked you for helping me but instead, I got angry. So I'm sorry" she completed lowering her head.

"I'll forgive you but I have one condition?"

Dua frowned at his demand but still nodded.

"Accept the invitation of my friendship." Saying this he pulled out a card and handed it to her. Before Dua could say something he said "if you come to my party then I will think that you've accepted my friendship and then there will be no need for this thank you and sorry"

"I can't come. I don't even know you and you asking for friendship and a party and all. No. I won't come," she stunned at his offer of friendship and invitation. This was probably the first time they were talking and he was asking too much being a stranger to her.

"The party is at the weekend. So we probably have 5 days before the party to know each other moreover everyone in our batch is coming, Rabiya, Amy and laiba also coming." He said adding the last part to calm her. She didn't say anything. "Okay, now it's up to you. But remember this friendship is more important to you than me to survive and have a beautiful journey of our university life" saying this he walks away from there.

Dua sat there thinking about him and contemplating what should she do.

I should ask Momin. She thought.

.................

Maham's POV.

"Maham are you ready? I'm getting late" Momin knocked on the door.

After applying lipgloss to my lips I took my appearance one last time before taking a deep breath and opening the door. I smiled at him and he fake glared at me while showing his watch to me.