6. Our nikah

Momin's POV,

I make myself busy in my work in the office all day but still, my mind was with dua. I hadn't eaten anything. I couldn't before knowing if Dua ate or not.

I come home at 6 in the evening. I saw our family doctor coming out of the house. Rafay was with him. Probably he comes for a routine checkup for dadu. As the doctor went out of the house I step inside and come face to face Rafay.

"Thank God momin bhai your here" Rafay breathed out with worry on his face.

"What happen kiddo? Is everything okay? Dadu is okay? What the doctor said?"

"Its Dua Aapi. The doctor came to see aapi" his reply makes my stomach churned.

"What? What happened to her?" I asked in a panic.

"She fainted. Probably because of not eating for 2 days. Mama papa, dadi dadu, Maham and even me we all tried but she is stubborn as hell refused to eat. Since morning papa was pleading her but she didn't budge. And about an hour ago she fainted. We all know that now only you can make her eat"

As he completed I ran toward Dua's room. Dua is someone who couldn't endure hunger. She was too sensitive. Her heart was too sensitive but stubborn like hard rock.

"No! I said go! Please, papa! My head is paining. Don't force me!" I heard her yelling voice as I reach outside her room. Standing on the doorway I watch them.

"Meri jaan, please...."

"Maan leave it," Hana aunty said looking at me. "Let's go. Leave her alone" she said. Rumaan uncle looks back as he saw aunty looking behind him. I look away. And maybe they sense that it was me because of she doing this they silently walk away but Ruman uncle stood next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"She didn't say neither she ask anything from any of us. It means it's only you who knows what she wants. I know, you will make her eat. I trust you with her, just don't break my daughter's heart momin" He said and walk out of the room.

As if I was waiting to hear this, his consent, his trust on me regarding his daughter, a decision made their own.

I look at Dua whose back was facing me. I went to her and sat behind her. Her body stiff for a second and a small smile comes to my lips. She could feel my presence.

"Dua" no response

"Baby" again no response

"love"

"Meri jaan" I called her with every name she liked but got no response.

"Okay, I'm sorry. But please talk to me"

"I don't want to talk to you. Your a liar" she mumbles against the pillow but I could hear her.

"I never lie to you," I said slightly offended. I never lie to her then how could she say that. She suddenly turns around and sat on the bed.

"You always lie to me. You said you love me and will do anything I want. And I'm your first priority but guess what! I caught your lies, You just refused to marry me, making everything a lie you had ever said. You rejected me" she said with so much pain that my heart clenched. I pulled her into me wrapping my arms around her.

"No. No baby. I never lie to you. Please don't say that. I will do anything you want, please don't hurt yourself. I can't see you like this. I can't see a single tear in your eyes" I pulled back and held her face. "I will marry you. Whenever you say, however you say, wherever you say, I will marry you" I declared. Her face lit up and she granted me with her beautiful smile. I felt peace ran through me seeing her smile. She wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.