2. jaam-e-maan / Momin ki dua

Author's POV,

Hana was massaging her temple when Rumaan came in after changing.

"What happened jaan?" He asked going toward her.

"Headache" she replied shortly. He sat beside her.

"Come here" Maan make her lay and put her head on his lap massaging with his fingers.

"Something bothering you, isn't it?" He asked after some times. Hana opens her eyes and look at him and nodded.

"What is it?" He asked softly.

"Your daughter"

"Which one?"

"Obviously, it's dua. My Maham never gives me tension" she said and sat on the bed. They both sat properly on the bed leaning against the headboard.

"What she did now?" He asked. Hana put her head on his shoulder.

"You know today she ruined Momin's work papers, only because he wasn't paying attention to her. How could she do that? She didn't think it was his hard work" hana complaint.

"She is a kid Hana. She is only 18." He defends his daughter.

"You're defending her wrongdoing maan. Just like momin did. Why can't you guys see she is becoming rebellious day by day" she sits straight. "I don't know why momin always forgive her for her mistakes. He didn't even let me scold her.. Look, after everything he took her to a movie with Maham and Rafay. Why he never show his anger? why he is so forgiven?" She asked in an upset tone. Deep down she was scared that momin will end up hurting. When Hana said she will make him her son then she meant it. She was scared for her son to get hurt by her own daughter. It's not hidden from anyyone in the family especially from hana that how much momin love Dua. Though no one talks about it with them.

"Just like you. And it's good that momin forgive our daughter for her immaturities" he said hana glared at him.

"Don't be selfish Maan. What about momin? If Dua break him then? We all know he is head over heels in love with her. She wrapped him around her finger. She is too careless to care about it" Hana said maan narrow his eyes at her on this.

"You know Hana. My dua is not bad from the heart. She is as pure and innocent as you were at her age. She is just immature and she will learn with times" he said offended. And lay on the bed. Hana stared at him.

"You don't understand me maan. If in her this immaturity she will break him then she will be the one who will break most. Don't forget your Dua is also head over heels for him" Hana said staring at me. He held her arms and pulled her toward himself.

"We can't control their life hana. You try every time to get her in the right path but Momin never bears anyone scolding her. So he will be the one who will keep her on the right path. I trust him with my daughter"

"Then let them marry," she said with hoping eyes but maan glare at her.

"Don't bring this topic. You know I won't let anyone of them get married before they complete their graduation. No matter how much we know them Hana but we have to wait till they get mature to take this step with their open heart and confident mind"

Hana look down at his chest. She knew why he always says that. He didn't want any of his children to go through the mind and heart battle which he went through at some point. He wanted them to make their decision with maturities and confidence. Not in the heat of the moment or confusion.

"Now what are you thinking," he asked brushing her hair away. She looks him in the eyes and smile before laying beside him wrapping her arms around him.