2 · 二

• A Wand For an Heiress

• A Wand For an Heiress •

▪️⬜️▪️

I step into Ollivander's and look around the small shop, grimacing at the lack of organization.

Mum had insisted on waiting outside of the shop, since she'd already seen the monstrosity of the interior design from the last time she was here with Nick.

Ollivander walks out from the corner and smiles at me with fascination. "My, my. Miss Young, the very heiress to the throne of the Young Clan."

"You're mistaken, that's my brother." I walk up to the counter. Truthfully, deep down I was always a bit disappointed in myself that I wasn't the firstborn.

He shakes his head. "No, no, I'm rarely incorrect with my predictions. I have quite a talent with fortune telling, you see."

"Are you a seer?"

"No, but I do have a reputation of correctly predicting some things," he says, just as he goes behind the counter.

I brush off his comments and wait for my wand. He sets a box down on the counter in front of me, informing that it was made of vine wood and something else. I take it out of its box and give it a little flick. Nothing happened besides two books awkwardly sliding off of the counter. I look up at him. "Is there anything more stronger?"

His eyes light up and disappears around the corner again. When he returns, he sets down a white wooded box. I peer down and see a plain yet alluring wand with a sharp point.

"9¾ in length. It's made out of Yew Wood, which is quite uncommon for someone to possess. It's also made of both Phoenix Feather and White River Monster Spine, a rather abnormal yet powerful combination," he smiles, "I usually don't recommend this to anyone, but I'm in a rather curious mood today."

I pick it up instantly. Immediately, a bright light illuminates the shop. For a wand that seemed so powerful and intimidating, it feels rather light and fitting in my hand.

I've read about Yew Wood in a book about Wandlore. It's a poisonous tree, and the wood is said to possess the power of death and resurrection. It's best fit for dueling, as well as the Dark Arts. The Dark Arts isn't something my family particularly take part in, but we aid the ones who do.

"As I've said," Ollivander smiles, satisfied, "a wand for an heiress."

▫️▪️▫️

Just like we had planned, Draco and I meet up outside of Madam Malkin's. Mum and Mister Malfoy enter a café to talk about business and the latest news, leaving the two of us alone. Nick and Astrid didn't even bother to come, as Auntie Felicity had people—or servants—to fetch their required essentials.