12 · 十二

• Empire •

▪️⬜️▪️

By the time Summer officially starts, the Wiltshire Young Manor looked as astonishing as it should. It was a massive estate, although it can never compare to the mass of Tyersall Park.

Mum, being the most wonderful Mother anyone could ever wish for, would make time for us from her incredibly busy schedule to take Nick and me all over the world, including our home, Singapore.

Tyersall Park Estate is among the largest private estates in the world, worth more than a few hundred millions. The Young Clan has been custodians of the ancient land centuries before Singapore was even founded as a country, which was only recently.

When we finally reunite with our beloved Ah Ma again, oh, was her smile as gleaming as the sun. But that smile was not directed to me, nor Mum.

It was to Nick, my dearest brother. My lucky, ordinary, talentless, unambitious brother.

Jealousy is a dreadful feeling, and it's only more dreadful when you feel it towards your own family and blood.

She'd kiss him on the cheek, call him handsome, then proceed to ignore my presence.

Ah Ma is a powerful woman. She's fierce, direct, and demands respect wherever she goes. No one could ever talk back to her, simply because everyone fears to. Although I am someone who fears almost nothing and has no problem retorting, filial piety restricts me from doing so.

Mum would squeeze my hand in empathy to our similar treatment. One would think my hundreds of medals and perfect academic performance would earn me some affection, but Ah Ma's beliefs were as unbreakable as diamonds.

Although Father is Ah Ma's second-born-child, the first had sadly passed away before even starting his first year at Hogwarts, which had made Philip Young the heir to the supposed "throne". Making Nicholas Young, Philip Young's first-born, the next Crown Prince of the Young Clan.

Our culture doesn't necessarily believe in "runner-ups" or "second-place", you either come first or you are nothing. Therefore, although I am Philip Young's second-born, I am as insignificant as any of my other cousins.

So as much as I may want the "crown", it isn't my birthright, it was Nick's.

▫️▪️▫️

The majority of student competitions are always held during the Summer for student schedule convenience. As always, I continue my everlasting winning streaks, earning every golden medal or trophy, and also embarrassing the Hell out of every other participant and their teachers.

For the rest of Summer, Daphne, Blaise, and I travel as a trio all across the world to attend whatever fashion week available to make up for the fact that we've missed the main ones that usually happens when we are away in school.