30 · 三十

• Day Starts •

▪️⬜️ 6:00 a.m. ⬜️▪️

The golden sun rises on Sunday morning. The birds are chirping, the wind is thrushing, the other girls in the dorm room besides Daphne is snoring. As for me? I've stayed up the entire night reading whatever Quidditch-related book I can find—handbooks, Quidditch player biographies, tricks and sequences, and Draco even lended me his Slytherin Quidditch hand-signals which was written, binded, and copied multiple times by Flint. He's one dedicated captain, I must say.

And yes indeed, I have had not one minute of sleep. One of these days my brain will explode, and it wouldn't be from a quaffle to the face.

Before any of the girls wake up, I get dressed in the most fashionable athletic-looking clothes I could find in my trunk and head my way down from the castle to the pitch. Instead of going the long way, which is the route that everyone uses but costs them practically fifteen minutes of their day, I head down a few halls to the secret Great Room of ours. I recently discovered that the Room had some specific walls that leads to several secret passageways around the castle. Whoever had crafted this room deserves the best afterlife.

Within five minutes, after heading down a few lengthy but swift staircases, I open the door to the side of the pitch, near the staircases to go up to the stands. The pitch is generally closed on Sundays, but Flint last minute claimed it for practice, so no one but the Slytherin team and me can enter. He and I both agreed that if I am to join, I have to their "secret weapon", meaning that no one besides our team and close friends can know. I adore the secrecy and anticipation of that.

I make my way onto the empty pitch, my heeled boots padding on the grass. After today, I must write to Mums straight away and ask for proper Quidditch gear of the latest fashion, beacuse there's a good chance I'd sprain my ankle with these heels.

Just for extra measures, I glance around t0 make sure no one's here, and I take out a vial from my robes and drink it. Instantly, I feel as if I've just slept 100 hours and have an unlimited amount of bursting energy. It's a potion I brewed in my bed last night to stay wide awake for an entire day after not having any sleep in the previous night. It's actually quite...illegal to brew this, especially that I'm underage, as it's something many wizards and witches consume on a daily basis and eventually get addicted. So yes, I guess I'm quite stoned right now.

"Seriously, we tried to be early but she's even earlier!"

I whip my head around and see Blaise and Draco coming into view in the distance. I cup my mouth and shout, "You see? I'm always in first place!"

They meet me in the middle and put down two bags they were carrying. One is Blaise's old Quidditch gear, and the other is Draco's old broom, but nonetheless, both look to be in exquisite condition. Either Draco or Blaise have generously repaired it before borrowing it to me, or they have better stuff than this and never used it much. Blaise is definitely the latter.