27 · 二十七

• Let's Strut, Bitches

• Let's Strut, Bitches •

▫️⬛️▫️

"Hello to my beautiful, lovely, intelligent cousin," I say as I sit down across from Astrid in the library.

She chuckles. "Hello to my gorgeous, fashionable, and ambitious cousin as well."

I start flipping through my textbook to the page of the assigned homework. "How are you these days, Astrid?"

"I'm doing very well. And you?"

"Same here." I prop my elbows up on the table and leaned forward, a suggestive smirk playing on my lips. "Sooo, how's your sweet little Hufflepuff boyfriend?"

Immediately she melts into a grin. "We're doing great. We truly are. He's very kind and good too me. He's incredibly emotionally intelligent as well, so we never have much misunderstandings. He takes me out on reading dates where we read in silence and occasionally read aloud beautiful poetry for each other. It's quite boring to hear about, I know, but I love it. He also recently told me he loves me."

I dramatically gasp, cupping my mouth in my hands. "And what'd you say?"

"I told him I love him too. I do, very much I think. And to be frank," she finally sets down her quill that never left her hand, "I think he might be the one." I dramatically gasp for the second time. "I think though! Only think."

"Well regardless of 'thinking', I'm very happy for you, Astrid," I say with a smile that could not be more genuine coming from me.

"Thank you, truly." She gently slid her hair behind her shoulder. "How's your friends? I hear that the Slytherin versus Ravenclaw match, the first match of the season, is happening tomorrow."

I groan and burry my face in my hands. "Please, don't even remind me—I'm currently hiding from Draco as we speak. Blaise too now, I suppose, though he may be chasing after Daphne. Did you know, he finally got accepted onto the team as their chaser? That crazy child's been shouting about that accomplishment day and night in the halls—even McGonogall had to quiet him down. Anyways, today is the Slytherin's 'hugging-lovers-and-bestmates-in-sweat-before-the-first match-of-the-season's-day'."

"Oooh, sounds dreadful-"

"TIAAAAA!!!"

My heart absolutely plummets. "No, no. Absolutely not." I hurriedly start packing my things up. "Not today. Never again. Kill me, I swear."

Astrid lets out a laugh. "He has perfect timing. Shall I assume he does this a lot, or is it just when I'm around?" Her point reminds me that similar situations happened in both our previous years, where he'd suddenly interrupt Astrid and my peace in this library.