9 · 九

• 'Foreigner's Fee' •

▫️⬛️▫️

Yule holiday starts off with its usual beginning: the Annual Malfoy Yule Ball. A prestigious party for the elite Pure-bloods from all over the world. Invitation extends from esteemed East Asian Clans—such as ours—to North African Nobility to Latin American Aristocrats.

In the modern world of magic, as long as you are of Pure-blood—no matter what ethnicity—you are unquestionably considered of equal status with each other. Or rather, as "equal" as we can get, at least when compared to European Pure-bloods.

Malfoy events are known to be for the high society grown-ups to socialise; to make international business deals or get acquainted with powerful blood-lines for extending connections.

For the children, honestly, we just do whatever the hell we want while still maintaining well mannered postures and doing our best not to lose face for our families.

Mum and I arrive using the Floo Network Hall at the Malfoy Manor. True to the theme, ethereal flowers and gleaming jewels decorates the halls and ballroom of the Manor. It still maintains its usually rich and dark glow.

Nick didn't care enough to come, as events where he's required to socialize weren't his exact type of scenery. He's rather known to skip practically every elite party there is in a year, to the point where the hosts and hostesses are expected to not to expect him.

Draco's and my favorite event from Missus Malfoy's various balls is the Malfoy Private Auction, but that's all the way in the summer. He always tries to whisper his advice on what to bid on and what not to, although I always end up bidding on the items he tells me to avoid, just to spite him for fun.

I had missed Mum very much, so much so that I allowed her to dress me up like a porcelain doll to her liking. I was wearing a peach tulle gown, adorned with flowery embroidery. Something sweet enough to match the theme and my angellic face, but not so much with my attitude. Truthfully, I hate it, but she loves it, so that's very much all that matters.

"Celestia, my dear, you look divine." Missus Malfoy and I exchange kisses on cheeks. "My, my, you're almost taller than Draco! Eleanor must be proud."

Mum really is proud, and so am I. She's a tall and regal woman. I take pride in knowing that I will be as tall as her one day.

Mum and Missus Malfoy share a content smile, before leaving together to greet the other ladies.

"Merlin, finally you're here," Draco suddenly appears beside me, tugging me on my arm. He nods his head towards the buffet table and whisks me away.

"Did you suffer without me?" I smirk at him.

"Oh, it was the worst. Daphne and Blaise were babbling nonstop about everyone's attire, and Vince and Greg were too focused on the food."