7 · 七

• Some Dear Brother •

▫️⬛️▫️

Even after more than a few weeks of Charms Class, Professor Flitwick is still stuck teaching us the basics since some of the students in my class were particularly slow.

He instructs everyone how to cast the spell for the day, before leaving us to figure it out on our own.

I rest my cheek on my hand, boringly poking around a pebble on my desk with the tip of my wand. In every class that I've taken out my wand, I've always received compliments.

I have nothing to worry about, since I've already finished prepping for what we'll learn in Charms for the entire year. In fact, I've already prepped most of the classes already to the point where I practically don't need to attend lectures anymore.

My mind wanders off to Helios, who I had quickly discovered is quite shy. He often prefers to stay in my dorm, or fly around the common room, which I understand. What I don't understand, however, is why he always flies to Draco's shoulder first, rather than mine.

I suddenly flick Draco's head with my wand. His hand flies to his temple. "Merlin! What was that for?"

I snap out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry. Impulse control."

He rolls his eyes and sighs, before returning to attempting to cast the spell.

"Stop-stop. You're doing it wrong! It's Wingardium Levi-OH-sa. Not levio-SAR!" Granger's irritating voice across from us echoes throughout the classroom.

"You do it then, if you're so clever. Go on, go on," Weasley taunts her.

I hand over the pebble to Vince, who sits right next to me. "Vince, be a dear, please."

"Wingardium Levi- ah!" Granger rubs her forehead, noticing a tiny, hard pebble on her desk. She looks around the room before settling her scowl at the four of us, as we were all sniggering at her. Weasley even snorts, earning a smack on the shoulder from her.

I clear my throat. "Wingardium Leviosa." My feather flawlessly floats up into the air.

"Oh, oh! Miss Young has done it! Perfection! 5 points to Slytherin!"

I rest my chin back in my hand and smirk at the furious beaver across from me. Vince grins at me and I delightedly grin back.

Vince is in fact one of the sweetest boys I've ever met. He just picks who to be sweet to. Similar to me, though I don't have much in me regardless.

He and Greg come in a set, and although they're a bit lacking in the brain, they're never lacking in the heart nor loyalty.

▪️▫️▪️

During our break from classes, Draco and I found an empty bench to rest on.

I've excelled in every one of my classes so far, already earning more points than any first-year Slytherin student has in years, according to Snape.