24 · 二十四

• My True Family •

▪️⬜️▪️

That bloody bleached egg of a traitor.

I stand on Platform 9¾ and I don't see him. We always go onto the train together, have done so for the last two years. Now where the hell is he.

Deciding I've had enough of it, with Helios on my shoulder, I enter the Hogwarts Express by myself and walk down the aisle to find an empty compartment. Luck must've found its way to me because right away, I a jade charm hanged on the handle of closed doors

I open the door and to my surprise—I see that certain bleached egg. Before I could scream at him, I notice something. A change.

"My, my, my." He looks up to see me leaning against the door frame. "I take it that you took my advice and got rid of your hair gel tins once and for all?" This Draco in front of me no longer has the firm, rock-solid surface on his head. This one kept his silver blond hair down. Needless to say, I love it. So much better than looking half bald.

"I didn't get rid of it," he continues digging through his trunk, "I forgot it like an idiot. Mother's going to murder me if she finds out I lost another one—ah! Here it is. Anyways, I heard from Daphne that Blaise—hey!"

I take the gel container from his hand and carelessly toss it out the window.

He looks at me, completely flabbergasted. "I was-I was literally just going to-"

"Never let that monstrosity touch you ever again." I pull him up and start styling the hair around his face, framing it gently as I imagine Auntie Narcissa would.

He lightly swats my hands away and sits down and crosses his arms. I catch a glimpse of a little blush on his cheeks. "Well, you'll still have to get me another one to compensate for that poor little one."

I sit down next to him and lean my head on his shoulder. "That poor little one can rest in pieces. And I am not going to get you another. That was for not waiting for me at the platform."

I feel him sigh and he then proceeds to tell me of his excuse: that he realized he could not find his hair gel tin on the platform so he figured he should settle down in a compartment first and dig through his belongings there. I accuse him of valuing a tiny hair gel tin more than me, and before he could either apologise or retort, the door opens.

Blaise with a grown-out little afro walks in and gawks. "Dio mio, all that bloody potential and you only decide to show it now?!"

I lift my head up from Draco's shoulder and jump up. "Exactly my point! I threw his hair gel tin out the window so he could never be violated ever again."

"That's my cara, my fellow minority." He engulfs me in a hug and nods "hi" to Draco.

"Let's talk about your curls, though. Finally deciding to quit the bald look?"