Chapter 6: The Undead Meeting!

"My name is Beldia, one of the Demon King's generals. I recently moved into a nearby castle." He said in a cold, menacing voice.

"*Gasp* That's a dullahan!" Darkness said excitedly.

"'Dulla-' what?"

"Day after day after day after day! Wh-Which one of you is the deranged lunatic who keeps casting Explosion magic on my castle every single day?!" Suddenly the calm and collected demeanor of the dullahan changed as he began shaking and yelling at the crowd of adventurers. He tilted the helmet in his hands, and a red glowing eye could be seen beneath it.

Everyone stayed silent. Until I leaned over to Megumin and whispered to her:

"...Megumin?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"...On my mark we run."

"Wait! We can't just run like that!" She said in a loud whisper.

"Are you blind?! Have you seen this guy? His sword is probably bigger than both of us! You have a better idea?!" I hissed back at her.

"Y/N...?" Out of nowhere the calm voice of Kazuma grabbed my attention. Although he sounded calm, I knew that inside he was probably fuming. I slowly turned to face him and only made a small squeak noise.

"You don't have anything to do with it... right?" He asked, killing me with his gaze.

I stayed silent and only looked at the ground.

"Why is Kazuma so scary right now?! Why did I even agree to go with her to this stupid castle?!"

As I was regretting my poor life choices, Megumin who was silently shaking, hugging her staff, took a deep breath and stepped from the crowd. As soon as I saw her going towards Beldia, I started yelling in her direction.

"Wait, Megumin! We can still get out of here, you idiot!"

"Oh no, you're not getting away from the consequences of your own actions!" Kazuma screamed from behind me and gave me a good smack on the head.

"Oww! I need an adult! I'm too young to suffer from the consequences!"

While we were yelling at each other, Megumin made her way to the dullahan. She was standing just a few meters from him.

"So it was you?" We stopped bickering and focused our attention back on the dullahan.

"You're the maniac who keeps casting Explosion magic on my castle day after day after day?! If you want to pick a fight with me, then at least do it with honor, will you?!"

"Tch! I am Megumin! The Arch-Wizard who commands Explosion magic!"

"... What the hell is a 'Megumin'?"

"..."

"You know, I think I'll go pick her up right now before she does something stupid." I said with a blank expression.

"I think that's a little too late for that." Kazuma replied, with the same expession.

I hurriedly made my way to her, put a hand on her shoulder and said:

"Okay Megumin, I think you did a pretty good job, now, please leave, um Beldia-san was it? I'm very sorry for the trouble we caused. We will be on our way now." I spoke with a fake smile on my face in fear that this boss material guy could kill us at any moment if we ended up angering him more. But Megumin, of courese, did just that.

"No! I am a Crimson Demon, and the greatest mage in this town! Casting my magic on your castle daily was just my plan to lure you out here. You came alone, right into my trap. Like a rat." She said lowering the brim of her hat a little, with a smug grin on her face.