Chapter 13: The Rigged Trial!

A/N: I changed the narration again. Yay. More on that at the end of the chapter.

"And that was my special operation which I made up just now: 'Prevent Kazuma From Becoming A Criminal Because One Criminal In The Party Is More Than Enough'! If any of you have any questions, please raise your hand.. Ah, Y/N, what is it?"

"The name sucks."

"I don't know what you mean. It fits perfectly! Do you have a better idea?"

You and the rest of your party were currently sitting at the mansion's dining table just a few hours after Kazuma's arrest. Apparently that big rock that Wiz teleported ended up blowing a mansion of some kind of big shot noble. Kazuma's luck must really be high because there were no casualties, but on the other hand, he's now seen as a terrorist. Aqua just finished discussing her plan to break him out.

"Yes, I have the best idea. We're not going to do anything."

"""Huh?!"""

You sighed in exasperation at their idiocy, crossed your arms, and began explaining.

"We would cause only more problems by breaking him out. The best we can do is wait. We know he's innocent. He just needs to tell them the truth."

"Y/N, do you have any idea whose mansion was blown up?" Darkness suddenly asked you this weird question.

"Uh, no. How would I know?"

"It was lord Alderp's mansion. He's the governing lord of Axel. He'll most likely manipulate the thruth and have Kazuma sentenced to death." After her explanation you spat out the 'tea' Aqua made. The 'tea' being hot water.

"D-Death?! I thought it would be like, I don't know, only a few years in prison or something..."

"Damn Middle Ages..."

"Then we have to do something! We can't just sit here and wait for his death!" Megumin exclaimed, slamming the table.

"Um, C-Can you spit your tea at me again?" The masochist interjected.

"Who will pay my debts when Kazuma-san is gone?! Not to mention all this expensive alcohol he promised me!" The self-proclaimed goddess wailed.

"Is this what Kazuma had to deal with on a daily basis...?" You thought as you looked at the chaos before you.

"Alright!" You shouted to get everyone's attention.

"Like I said, we're not doing anything. If we do, then we could be seen as his accomplices. For now we have to endure it. I also want to do something about it, but currently our hands are tied."

"Man... being a leader is hard."

Everyone leaned in in their chairs with a look of resignation on their faces. Everyone except Megumin.

"No! There has to be something we can do!"

"No, there isn't!" You shouted back at her, which made her flinch in surprise. Realizing this and the expressions on the faces of the other girls, you sighed.

"...I get that you are worried about him, but we just need to wait and be patient... I'm going to sleep." And with that you left the trio in silence. When you were just about to reach the door to your room, however, you noticed someone trailing behind you.

"Y/N."

You realized instantly who it was.

"Go to sleep, Megumin." You said with your back to her.