Chapter 15: "This world truly is a god's blessing."

""Bakuretsu, bakuretsu, la la la!""

""Bakuretsu bakuretsu, la la la!"

Despite our awful situation; a huge debt, and Kazuma still being suspected of plotting with the Demon King, my daily routine with Megumin continued.

"Explosion!"

And I'm still thinking about her...

"...losion!"

I can't get her out of my head...

"...sion!"

...Maybe this really is love?

"...n!"

"What do you think of this lovely rainbow? I give it 120 points!"

"Hmmm... it was an 87 at best."

"Ugh..."

.

.

We were sitting in the guild. Darkness was still nowhere to be seen. The debt was slowly killing us. With our heads hanging low, we could hear our stomachs begging for something to eat.

"Tomorrow we're going to a dungeon." Kazuma said.

"No." And he was met with an instant reply from Megumin.

"We are."

"No, no way!"

"We are! We are!"

"I mean, I'm practically useless in a dungeon!" Megumin wailed.

I really wanted to say 'You're practically useless anyway' just to tease her, but decided that I wanted to live to see another day, so I decided to keep quiet.

"Remember when you joined up with us, and you said you'd carry our baggage?" Kazuma said with furrowed brows.

A little whine escaped from Megumin's mouth and she went back to blankly staring at the floor.

"Hey, can't we wait till' Darkness gets back?" Aqua asked.

"She's been gone for so long. Who knows when she'll return. If we're gonna keep waiting like that and not doing anything, we'll just starve." I said while resting my head on the table.

"He's right, you know?!" Kazuma yelled out and slammed the table.

"Right now we've got as much debt as some countries! If we don't do something we'll all starve to death!" He said while running his hand through his hair like a madman.

"Even though I'm being paid more now in all of my jobs? I'm even selling vegetables non-stop." Aqua said.

"Sure, if you want to work for some more years in those jobs of yours, then go ahead." I said sarcastically while still lying on the table.

Then Kazuma pulled a piece of paper from his pocket and placed it on the table. It was a dungeon quest.

"'Keele's Dungeon... for beginners'? Hasn't this place been explored already?" Aqua read aloud and asked.

"Are we still classified as beginners? I think we're way past that since, you know, we defeated a Demon's King general and all that." I lifted my head from the table to examine the quest and said.

"Says the one who has problems dealing with a bunch of frogs." Kazuma remarked.

"Giant frogs. And besides, these beasts shouldn't even exist. They are but a curse on this poor world. If I had a choice, I would exterminate all of them." I said with PTSD images flashing before my eyes.