Chapter 23: The Crimson Legend!

"Hey, so what happened to Yunyun yesterday? I thought I heard crying..." Kazuma asked while lazing around on the sofa.

"You heard correctly. She ran away crying, because Megumin beat her in a duel. Again..." I answered from my spot under the kotatsu.

"What was it about this time?"

"That I have a boyfriend and she's still a loner girl with no friends." Megumin grinned, popping her head out of the kotatsu beside me.

"You can really be cruel sometimes, you know...?"

It was a normal evening. After returning from Arcanletia we decided that we deserved a proper rest, so we were lazing around the mansion, doing nothing in particular for some days. I kept putting off my talk with Megumin, because I had no idea how to approach her. I also wanted to wait for a perfect opportunity to talk to her, not barge into her room just like that or something. No, I totally wasn't stalling.

Yes, it was a normal evening. Until...

The doors to our mansion opened with a bang, and in the doorway stood none other than...

"Oh, Yunyun. We were just talking about you."

Not saying a word, she hurriedly walked over to Kazuma on the sofa, with a big blush plastered on her face.

"K-Kazuma-san..."

"Uh, yeah?"

"I... I... I want to have your baby!" She shouted with tears in the corner of her eyes.

"..."

"And thus, my popular phase begins!"

"Who are you talking to?"

.

.

"Here's your tea."

"T-Thank you..."

We all sat at our table in the living room. Aqua and Darkness also showed up as soon as we told them what had just happened.

Aqua served her special 'tea' to Yunyun who seemingly calmed down. Megumin and Darkness kept looking between Kazuma and Yunyun with a look of bewilderment and repulsion on their faces. I was just kinda... there, processing.

"Could you say that again for me~?" Kazuma requested, entering his handsome mode.

"I-I said I want to have a baby with you...!" Yunyun squirmed around.

"I've always wanted to start with a daughter..."

"N-No! The first one must be a boy!"

"Wait, she's actually going through with it?"

Megumin had enough and finally stepped in.

"What is wrong with you, Yunyun?!"

"Do you realize what kind of man he is?!" Darkness joined in.

"You need to snap out of it! What in the world's gotten into you?! Is it because of what I said yesterday?! Are you challenging me?!" Megumin shouted right in Yunyun's ear while shaking her aggressively.

"W-Wait, you weren't joking yesterday?"

"Of course not! If you thought I was joking, then why did you run away crying?"

"I-I thought you were just telling a really mean joke, like that time when you said you two bathed together!" Yunyun got even more red than before.

I was enjoying the drama that I was not a part of, until Yunyun wanted to confirm it with me.