Chapter 12: Destroying the Destroyer!

"Y/N, get up, we're leaving!"

"Eep! M-Megumin! Don't just barge into a man's room without knocking! You don't know what could greet you on the other side!"

"There's no time for that! We need to get out of here! Didn't you hear? Destroyer is approaching! Also, I'll pretend that I didn't hear what you said just now."

Out of nowhere, Megumin opened the door to my room with a bang and started yelling at me, with heavy bags on her back.

"Wait, what's with the bags? Are we really leaving? Don't get me wrong, I still have no faith in us actually defeating this thing, but I started to like this mansion." I asked, sitting on my bed, still clothed only in my pajamas.

"If we stay here, we'll just get trampled by the Destroyer. Everyone is already outside. Take your things and let's move!" And with that she swiftly exited the room.

"I don't want to leave this place behind, but I also don't want to fight this thing... Well, it is what it is, I guess. We can always find a new home in another city or something. If those succubi actually worked maybe I'd be more reluctant on leaving." I grumbled mentally and started packing my things.

.

.

"Why are we running there?! That's not the right direction! We should be running away from it, not towards it!"

"Shut up! Like I said, I'm not going to give up our mansion that we worked so hard to get! We're going to the guild and that's final! If you don't want to go with us, then you're free to run away!"

"Grrrr, fine! Hurry up then!"

"What the hell?! Why is he so fast?!"

We were sprinting to the guild in hopes of coming up with a plan to destroy the... well, Destroyer. Kazuma as stubborn as ever, wanted to protect the city or more likely our mansion, and since he's our leader we had to listen.

When we entered the guild, it was filled to the brim with adventurers. Everyone was gathered around Luna, the guild receptionist, and some other girl holding a blue magic orb displaying the image of the Destroyer. It was a giant fortress that looked like a massive black spider. I guess the orb was some spying device, or something.

"At present, the mobile fortress, Destroyer, is approaching from the northwest, directly towards the city. ETA: one hour." The-magic-orb-girl said, and the orb then displayed the image of the Destroyer shooting lasers at some birds.

"Yep, we're all dead."

"If only Mitsurugi-san were here..."

"Where could he have gone...?"

Some adventurers started whispering among themselves.

"Stop looking at me like that, Kazuma."

"Let's get the heck out of here before it destroys us!" Chris, who I totally didn't notice was here until now, spoke.

"Vouch- Ow! What was that for?!" I recoiled in pain due to the harassment of my Japanese green-eyed leader.

"Hey, you. Got any bright ideas?" Chris asked as she tugged on Kazuma's sleeve. In response, he began to rub his chin in full concentration.

"Hmmm, Aqua, think you can break its barrier?"

"Hm, maybe, but I won't know until I try."

"You can break the Destroyer's barrier?!" The receptionist with eyes full of hope, leaned in and shouted.