Chapter 40: Confrontation and the Festival Preparations!

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Cecily, the manager of Axis Cult's Axel branch. I have something I need to discuss."

"Please leave."

We were in the shopping district of Axel, were many shop owners were preparing for the Goddess Eris Thanksgiving Festival.

"Eh? But why? I was being so polite! You intend to reject me and then blackmail me later, right? You're planning to perform hideous acts on my voluptuous body, is that right? I won't let you heathens have your way! I'll show you the power of an Axis cultist!"

"What a crazy woman! This is why I refuse to have dealings with Axis cultists. Stop, wait! Someone help!"

The innocent man in charge of the merchant district committee was being strangled by Cecily before our eyes.

"... Hey. Isn't she your friend, Megumin? Make her stop."

"Not a friend, just an acquaintance. Please don't misunderstand."

We left Aqua back at the church, thinking that bringing two problem children would instantly unable our chances of a proper negotiation.

Turns out, one problem child is more than enough.

The festival was just around the corner. The shop owners of various shops were very busy, preparing to set up stalls or shelters.

There were more and more people flocking to Axel, staying in inns throughout town, waiting for the festival to start.

Because of the whole festive atmosphere, I was once again reminded that I'm in an actual fantasy world. It's really easy to forget, once you've lived here for, like, a year.

"Cecily-san. Things won't progress like this. Go and take a rest, I'll persuade him for you."

Cecily let go of the poor man after hearing Kazuma's words.

The man coughed.

"You said that you'll persuade me on her behalf, but no matter who... Hmm? Are you that billionaire adventurer, Satou Kazuma-san?"

"Wow, Kazuma's a real celebrity now. Too bad he hoards all this money for himself."

"I worked hard to earn this money. Maybe try using this empty head of yours and start developing products from your country, too."

"You mean stealing?"

"Borrowing."

"So which one is it?"

Cecily, who calmed down and tidied her attire, coughed dryly to get our attention.

"Actually, regarding this year's Goddess Eris Thanksgiving Festival. We wish to change it to the Goddess Aqua Thanksgiving Festival-"

"Please leave."

"Whyyyyy?!"

"Things really can't progress if you keep doing this, Onee-san. Please come here! Let's go and play! And, Y/N, come too."

Megumin took Cecily away before she could pounce at the frightened chairman.

While Kazuma resumed negotiations, our task was to tame the wild Axis cultist. We distanced ourselves from Kazuma and the chairman and sat on the nearby stairs.

"I don't get it. Why doesn't he want to listen to me? I even made my cute, irresistable pose of the helpless and frail priestess. Maybe I did it wrong? Hey, Megumin. Can you give your adorable big sister a hug?" Cecily said, making her 'cute, irresistable pose of the helpless and frail priestess'.