ONE | BATHROOM CONFESSIONS

~ July 4th, 1985

~
July 4th, 1985

"THE CEILING STOPPED SPINNING FOR ME." Robin stated. "Is it still spinning for you guys?"

Steve was sitting on the bathroom floor in a stall while the two girls were in the one beside him. Robin was lying down, her legs up against the door and Juliana was leaning against the toilet, covering her face with her hands.

"Holy shit. No." Steve answered.

"I am so tired. The whole Russian thing just feels like a dream." Juliana mumbled into her hands, feeling disgusting after puking the drugs out.

"You think we puked it all up?" Steve asked.

"Maybe. Ask us something." Juliana started. "Interrogate us." She finished with a Russian accent.

"Okay, interrogate you sure. When was the last time you, uh, peed your pants?" Steve asked.

"Today." Robin answered.

"What?" Juliana exclaimed.

"When the Russian doctor took out the bone saw."

"Oh my god." They all laughed at Robin.

"It was just a little bit though." She giggled.

"Yeah. It's definitely still in her system." Juliana laughed.

"All right, my turn." Robin sat up, ruffling her hair. "Have you... ever been in love?"

"Yup. Nancy Wheeler. First semester, senior year." Steve answered, making a gunshot sound.

"Oh my god." Juliana groaned. "She's such a priss."

"Hm. Turns out, not really." Steve replied which made Juliana scoff.

"Are you still in love with Nancy?" Robin asked.

There was a moment of silence before Steve answered.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I think it's because I found someone a little bit better for me. It's crazy. Ever since Dustin got home, he's been saying, "you gotta find your Suzie. You gotta find your Suzie."

"Wait who's Suzie?" Robin asked.

"It's my little brother's girlfriend, from camp." Juliana exhaled. "To be honest, I'm not 100% sure she's even real."

"But that's not really the point." Steve added. "The point is this girl, you know the one that I like, it's somebody that I've known for a while. For a long time, actually. She was my childhood best friend, but I abandoned her."

Juliana looked up as she started to realize that Steve was talking about her. Robin and her exchanged looks. It was true. Steve and Juliana were friends since middle school, but as they grew older, they went their separate ways. Steve left his best friend to become popular and Juliana stayed being the quiet nice kid.