TEN | BIG FAMILY

~March 23rd, 1986

~
March 23rd, 1986

"MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY BUYING LESS JUNK FOOD." Juliana told Steve and Dustin as they were filling the cart with chips and beer and chocolate. "We don't want him to get sick, do we?"

Dustin and Steve looked at each other and put the snacks back on the shelves. Juliana rolled her eyes at the two idiotic boys and went to the fruit section.

It was the morning after visiting Eddie and it was very early. The whole gang slept over at the Hendersons' house and as soon as they woke up, they went straight to the grocery shop to buy food for Eddie. Juliana was still having butterflies in her stomach after last night's kiss and it was all that she could think about since this morning.

Max noticed that she was acting a little strange so she went to join her in the fruit section. "Hey." Max smiled.

"Hey, Max. Hope you slept well last night, our house is not really the best place to have a sleepover." Juliana remarked, checking if the apples were not rotten.

"It was fine." She answered, helping her out. "Speaking about last night, I hope I didn't interrupt anything with you and Eddie when I came in the boat house." 

"What?" Juliana looked at the younger teen. "No, you didn't interrupt anything. I was just patching up a cut he had on his hand." She lied, avoiding eye contact. She had a problem that she can't lie to anyone if she looked the person straight in the eye.

"They kissed." Robin said, popping out of nowhere.

"Robin!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, come on, Jules. It was pretty obvious, you had a big smile plastered on your face the whole way back, it looked like your teeth were about to fall out." Robin told her best friend, this was the perfect time to tease Juliana and she loved it.

"Oh my god." She sighed in embarrassment, covering her face with her hands. "Robin, I'll pay you a lot of money to stop talking right now."

"I don't know what's the big deal, Jules." Robin stated, continuing Juliana's jobs with the apples. "You guys have been flirting and acting like a couple for a very long time now."

"Yeah, there's nothing to be embarrassed by." Max added.

"I know but can we please not talk about this with Dustin and Steve around?" Juliana asked and started walking to the cashier with the girls following her. They crossed paths with the boys that were walking to the cashier as well, and they still had a lot of junk food in their cart. "I thought I told you guys not to buy a lot of junk food!" Juliana exclaimed.

"We know, we're not idiots." Steve said, indicating to her that they're not stupid.

"We also bought-" Dustin stated and took out a single cucumber. "-a cucumber." He smiled. "See? Healthy."