TWENTY-THREE | FULL OF SURPRISES

~March 26th, 1986

~
March 26th, 1986

THE ELDER TEENS WERE ALL HUDDLED UP TOGETHER UNDER SKULL ROCK. Their bodies were shaking in fear as they prayed for the bats to not notice them. They would lightly jump from time to time when the sky flashed with red lightning.

Eddie noticed that Juliana was trembling a lot more than the others. He tried to hold her hand to calm her down but she moved it away before he could. A few moments later, the bats were gone and the lightning calmed down.

"I already hate this shithole." Juliana mumbled, slowly standing up as she ventured out of skull rock.

"Oh... okay. That was close." Robin muttered in relief as she followed Juliana. She gripped onto the back of her friend's shirt to help her stand up since she couldn't feel her legs from all the running.

"Yeah, too close." Eddie replied, out of breath.

As everyone got out of the huge rock, Steve suddenly started to feel dizzy that he couldn't stand up straight. "Oh, sh... shit." He breathed out as he leaned against the boulder so he wouldn't fall.

"Steve?" Nancy called when she noticed that he wasn't by her side. She looked behind, only to see him on the verge of death. "Jesus."

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Steve tried not to worry her but he was clearly not fine.

"No, no, no. You're not." She protested. "You're losing blood. Come on, sit. All right?" Nancy sat him down as Steve pulled a hand away from one of his wounds.

"Oh..." Robin groaned at the sight of his injuries. She crouched down next to Nancy, still staring at the blood, wide-eyed. "Okay. So the good news is I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But if you start having hallucinations or muscle spasms or you start feeling aggressive, like you wanna punch me, let me know." She rapidly explained like her mouth was moving faster than her brain.

"Robin." Steve said, stopping her from saying more.

"Yeah?"

"I kinda wanna punch you." Steve answered, clearly annoyed by her panicking.

"Sense of humour's still intact. That's a good sign." Robin laughed to shrug it off but a part of Steve wasn't joking.

"Here." Juliana stepped closer to them and ripped off a piece of her shirt in one shot. She handed it to Nancy so she can wrap it around Steve's waist to stop the bleeding.

After that, she made her way towards Robin. "Hey, Robin. Everything's gonna be all right, okay? Don't panic and just try the breathing exercises I suggested to you." She reassured her best friend, gently rubbing her back.