THREE | GUITAR AND BASS

~October 20th, 1985

~
October 20th, 1985

"HAVE A NICE DAY."Juliana said to the customers as she gave them their bags full of records before going back to her magazine.

It was Saturday and she had a whole day shift, alone in the store and she only had three more hours to go. The phone rang and she picked it up, keeping her eyes on the magazine.

"Aaron's Music Store. How may I help you?" She answered.

Turns out it was the same customer who called every five minutes to be sure if his order was confirmed and boy did Juliana wanted to snap at him.

"Yes, sir. For the thousandth time, your order has been confirmed... Name you the albums you've ordered? Fine!"

She held the phone between her ear and shoulder and frustratedly checked the computer for the albums.

While she was going through the computer, she didn't notice that Eddie had entered the store, smiling as he saw her at the counter talking on the phone.

" 'A night at the opera' by Queen, 'Alive!" by Kiss and 'Hunky Dory' by David Bowie." She read off the list. "Did I forget anything? No? Then stop calling!"

She slammed the phone and sighed, putting her face in her hands.

"Customers, am I right?" Eddie suddenly popped out of nowhere causing Juliana to jump.

"Jesus Christ!" She yelled, putting her hand on her chest. "Did you have to scare me like that?"

"I thought you saw me come in. The little-" Eddie explained pointing at the door. "-bell... rang. Anyways! You uh... wanna do something?" He asked, leaning on the counter.

"Eddie, I'm working." Juliana stated, taking a box of cassettes and going to place them.

"Yes but, can't you bail just for today?" He asked, following her around the store.

"This is not school, Eddie. If I do that, I get fired."

"But you're always working." He whined. "Come on, just this one time. You owe me a jamming session."

Juliana sighed and thought about it for a long time.

~

"I think I'm gonna have to leave early, Dan. Could you find someone to replace me?" Juliana asked her manager on the phone.

After many tries of asking her, Eddie finally convinced her to hang out with him and skip the rest of the day. While she was on the phone, he was checking some records in the metal section.