FIFTEEN | CREEL HOUSE PT. 1

~March 25th, 1986

~
March 25th, 1986

"HEY, DUSTIN. THIS IS EDDIE, THE BANISHED. YOU THERE?" The sound of Eddie's voice echoed through Nancy's basement.

Steve, Nancy, Dustin and Robin were sleeping hard, tired from all the running around getting information and saving Max. Just like yesterday, poor Jules couldn't get more sleep as she was woken up by the walkie-talkie.

"Dustin?" Eddie called again. "Earth to Dustin."

Juliana groaned as her back hurt from sleeping on the floor. She got up, took the walkie out of her brother's bag, and pulled up the antenna.  "Hey, it's me." She responded to Eddie.

"Jules! Hey." His voice lightened up as he heard Juliana's. "Sorry, sweetheart. Did I wake you up?"

She sighed. "No, I was just having this wonderful dream where I was riding a motorcycle with Matt Dillon." She replied sarcastically, disappointed that she was woken up from that magnificent dream.

"Mhm, good to know." Eddie responded, feeling a little jealous that she wasn't dreaming about him. "Listen, I'm gonna need a food delivery, like really soon, unless you want me going out into the world."

"No. No, no, no." Juliana cut him off instantly. "Don't do that. Just stay where you are, and we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Yeah, yeah. Listen, um... can you pick me up a six-pack?" Juliana rolled her eyes at that command. "I know, it's stupid as shit, having a boyfriend who's drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." Eddie said as if he could see Juliana's reaction.

She looked to where Max was sleeping, expecting to see her peacefully resting but she was gone. "Yeah, don't worry. I'll get you some beers." She answered, panicking as she couldn't find Max anywhere. "Sorry, Eddie. I gotta go."

"Yeah, no problem, sweetheart." Eddie replied.

Juliana was about to put down the walkie until she heard Eddie say something that stopped her from doing so.

"I love you, Jules."

Shocked by what she just heard, Juliana didn't move an inch. She stayed quiet for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what Eddie said and not freak out. She wanted to reply but her mouth stayed closed. She just sat there before pushing back the antenna, putting the machine back in the backpack and making her way toward her brother, who was supposed to be watching Max.

Eddie awkwardly waited for an answer but he didn't get any response. He was expecting to hear his girlfriend's voice again, but there was nothing. Eddie just wanted to get those three words out of his mouth to show Juliana how much he cared for her but obviously, it wasn't a good idea. He tried not to overthink it, so he convinced himself that she didn't hear it. But she did, she just didn't want to accept the fact that she heard it.