FOUR | SOMETHING'S NOT RIGHT

~

~

March 21st, 1986

"THAT'S A NEGATIVE, DUSTYBUN." Dustin crossed a name on his notebook as he heard his girlfriend answer through the speaker.

"Son of a bitch!" He grunted. "Try 'Tigers86'." He suggested another password.

All of this trouble, just so his girlfriend can hack the school's account to change his D- to an A in Latin.

" 'Tigers 86'. Copy that." She replied. "Jiminy Crickets, Dusty. I'm in!"

"Holy shit." Dustin's eyes widened. He jumped when he heard pounding at his bedroom door.

"Dustin, what's going on in there? We're gonna be late." He heard his older sister's voice.

She tried to open the door but he yelled at her.

"Don't come in, I'm naked!"

Juliana slammed the door shut before she could see something that she wasn't supposed to see. "Ew."

"I'm running out of time here." He forewarned.

"Just hold your horsies, Dustybun." 

"Do you see it?" He asked, fidgeting with his pencil

"Yeah, I see it. Yikes, Dusty." Suzie hissed, shocked that her smart boyfriend got a D-.

Then, there was more pounding on his bedroom door. Of course, it was Juliana rushing him again. "Come on, Dustin! God, it's like the first day of school all over again." Juliana always had a habit of rushing people, afraid she is going to be late even tho she always arrives fifteen minutes early.

Dustin got out of his room angrily, sending a glare at his older sister who just fake smiled.

"Morning, Dustybun!" She thrusted a peanut butter sandwich to her younger brother. "Car. Now."

~

After the pep rally, which Juliana did not attend, she walked down the hallways of the school with a gloomy face. The people who passed her looked confused as she did not reply or reacted to their greetings.

Standing at his open locker with Gareth, Eddie locked eyes with the girl he hasn't talked to recently but she continued to make her way.

"Jules." Eddie called her but she quickened her pace and got away from him.

She looked behind her and saw that he wasn't following her so she slowed down. She stopped as Max stepped out of the counselor's office rather in a rush.

"Hey, Max." She put on a weak smile.

"Oh. Hey, Jules." Max mumbled, avoiding eye contact with the elder teen.