Chapter 11

The visitor was a middle-aged man with a slightly chubby figure and a somewhat bald head. Perhaps because he was running in a hurry, his bare head was covered in sweat.

Du Lin obviously knew the man and quickly greeted him, "Brother Cheng, what's wrong?"

The slightly chubby man known as Brother Cheng didn't bother to wipe the sweat from his head and hurriedly pulled Du Lin to look at the azalea he was holding in his arms, "You still remember this pot of I bought last time, right?"

Du Lin nodded. The full name of the azalea in Brother Cheng's hands was Azalea 'Belgian', a hybrid cultivar that was highly sought after in the flower market because of its large, eye-catching flowers and the fact that it could bloom all year round. There were different varieties of Belgian azaleas depending on the colour of their flowers. The pot that Brother Cheng bought was 'Racehorse'. Its flowers were usually white, with a brilliant pink edge and occasional red spots haloing inwards from the edge, making them very pretty to look at.

"What's wrong with this pot of racehorses?" Du Lin asked.

Brother Cheng carefully placed the flowers on the table and said eagerly, "I don't know what's wrong, it's just that the petals are falling so badly. Look, it's only been in bloom for a few days and it's almost gone." Brother Cheng had been on a business trip this week, and the flowers were fine before the trip, but when he came back today, something was wrong. Where had they all gone? The family couldn't tell what happened, so Brother Cheng hurried to see Du Lin with the flowers in his arms.

After listening to Brother Cheng's words and pinching the soil, Du Lin had a rough idea in her mind. There were just a few reasons for Belgian azaleas to stop blooming. She turned her head towards Lu Lingxi and beckoned, "Xiao Xi, come and take a look, tell us what the cause is."

As soon as Brother Cheng came in, Lu Lingxi had already looked at the flowers through the panel. Hearing Du Lin's words, Lu Lingxi quickly walked over, and Yi Hang followed suit. The azalea in front of them was actually blooming quite well, but the flowers were a bit scarce and there was a feeling that the flowering period was about to pass. On the white panel, the three-dimensional azalea rotated in a circle, from the root system to the flowering plant. Lu Lingxi glanced at the plant's needs and looked at Brother Cheng to ask delicately, "Did your family put this pot of flowers together with a fruit plate?"

Brother Cheng looked at Lu Lingxi in amazement, "How do you know, little brother? This pot of flowers was blooming so well that the old lady put it on the coffee table, with several fruit plates stacked next to it, saying that it looked good together."

As soon as Brother Cheng finished speaking, Du Lin laughed helplessly. "Didn't I tell you? You can't put azaleas with fruit trays when they're in bloom; the ripe fruit will emit ethylene, stimulating the azaleas to drop their petals and end their flowering period early."

"Oops, I forgot." Brother Cheng exclaimed as he slapped his head.

"So there's nothing else?" Brother Cheng looked carefully at Lu Lingxi.

Lu Lingxi shook his head; the panel showed that there was nothing else wrong with the pot of azaleas.

Brother Cheng was relieved and vigorously patted Lu Lingxi's shoulder, praising him, "Not bad, young man."

Lu Lingxi smiled shyly, and Du Lin looked at Lu Lingxi with even greater satisfaction. She did not expect Lu Lingxi to be so knowledgeable. When signing the contract, Du Lin took the initiative to skip the probationary period, and the salary was also very generous.

"Xiao Xi, is it okay to start working tomorrow?"

Lu Lingxi hesitated for a few seconds and nodded affirmatively.