Chapter 29

The kang bed was a completely new experience for Lu Lingxi.

He sat on the edge of the kang bed and kicked it curiously, but the grey bricks were so tightly assembled that there was no sound when he kicked them. Dahei was curled up on the bed like he was at home, separating Lu Lingxi from Yan Yue.

"Can you really make a fire under here?" Lu Lingxi took off his shoes and got on the bed, patting the hard edge of the kang bed and asking Yan Yue curiously over Dahei.

Yan Yue, who was also sleeping on the kang bed for the first time, smiled faintly, "We can try it out when it gets cold, then we'll know if it's possible."

Lu Lingxi didn't hear the subtle meaning of this statement and agreed with shining eyes. He was really tired today and fell asleep not long after the light was turned off. The night in the suburbs was very quiet, without the friction of passing cars on the road or the noise of the roadside stalls. Only the occasional sound of insects accompanied by the clear moonlight spread over the house, weaving a peaceful and beautiful atmosphere.

Yan Yue thought he would not be able to sleep, but instead, he closed his eyes under the sound of insects and slept through the night till dawn. There was no insomnia and no nightmares, and he seemed to be surrounded by the scent of grass and trees all night long, so much so that he even ignored Dahei's snoring.

It was just after six when Yan Yue woke up. He was used to insomnia in the past and had always been disciplined, rarely sleeping past six o'clock. When he first opened his eyes, he was in a momentary trance, surrounded by a completely unfamiliar environment; but unexpectedly it gave him a feeling of reassurance. As soon as he moved, Dahei opened his eyes and raised a little to look at him. Yan Yue sat up and looked at Dahei who was crouching. In a good mood, he reached out his hand and scratched Dahei's chin like Lu Lingxi did, smiling quietly, "Don't make any noise, be careful not to wake up Xiao Xi."

He didn't know if Dahei understood but he curled up on the bed again.

Behind Dahei Lu Lingxi was sleeping soundly. The young man's sleeping face was pure and quiet, his skin almost transparent, and the pale morning light spilled through the window onto his face, as if tingeing it with a golden halo, making it impossible to give birth to a single thought of blasphemy. Last night, the two of them stayed overnight unexpectedly and didn't bring any change of clothes with them. When they went to bed at night, Lu Lingxi only took off his shorts and wore his t-shirt as pyjamas. During the night, the t-shirt rolled up to his chest, revealing his white, tender belly that rose and fell gently with his breathing.

Yan Yue's eyes slowly filled with laughter as he looked at Lu Lingxi's round belly button and followed all the way down. Lu Lingxi's underwear had a big yellow duck printed on it, and under it were the boy's long legs; the sheet that had originally covered them long since had been stomped under his feet.

The desire to get close to the boy and touch him was clamouring madly in his mind. Yan Yue's eyes were obscure as he leaned over and gently pulled the sheet to cover the boy's exposed parts.

Although Lu Lingxi was not as tall as he was, his proportions were just right. Yan Yue himself was 186cm, and Lu Lingxi was half a head lower than him, so he should be about 178cm. But Lu Lingxi was only eighteen, so he would continue to grow taller.

Yan Yue was thinking all sorts of thoughts to distract himself from his desire to get closer to the young man, while he quickly dressed, pushed open the door and walked out. He remembered that Lu Lingxi said last night that all the green plants that had been repotted needed to be watered this morning. In order not to let Lu Lingxi get too tired and to find something to distract himself with, Yan Yue washed up and then found a plastic can in the plant nursery and started watering.