Chapter 13

The handover went very smoothly. Tiny Garden was small and there were not many things to hand over. It was nothing more than explaining how to take care of the flowers and plants in the shop. Du Lin was really relieved to have Lu Lingxi. She was in the later stages of her pregnancy and was not ready to come to the shop often after the handover, so she planned to be an arm-flinging shopkeeper (somebody who asks others to work but does nothing himself).

After leaving her mobile number and home phone number to Lu Lingxi, Du Lin explained the shop's liquidity to Lu Lingxi, packed up and left. She was not worried about Lu Lingxi running away with the money. For one thing, Lu Lingxi was someone Yi Hang knew, and although Yi Hang liked to play, he was still trustworthy. Secondly, after just two meetings the impression that Lu Lingxi left on Du Lin was too good. When they met yesterday, the feeling was not too obvious, but today, probably because of severe morning sickness, Du Lin was a little irritable. However, after standing next to Lu Lingxi for some time, she felt her mood inexplicably calm down.

Once Du Lin left, Yi Hang was liberated. He sat down grumpily on the wicker chair at the entrance of Tiny Garden and shouted loudly, pretending to be a customer, "Boss, bring up the most expensive flowers you have here."

Lu Lingxi was holding a small watering can to water the flowers in the shop and didn't have time to pay any attention to him.

Yi Hang was alone and bored, and habitually tried to move closer to Lu Lingxi when a customer walked in. "Welcome!" Yi Hang was extremely quick to react, and only halfway through shouting did he realise that it was actually an acquaintance, Brother Cheng, whom he had met yesterday.

Brother Cheng saw Lu Lingxi at a glance and was surprised, "Xiao Xi, where's Boss Du?" Lu Lingxi had left a very deep impression on him, and he remembered that Du Lin called the young man in front of him Xiao Xi, so he called the name smoothly.

Lu Lingxi put down the watering can in his hand and explained, "Sister Du has gone home, I will be in the shop during this time."

"That's great!" Brother Cheng happily said, looking back, "Lao Han, hurry up."

As Brother Cheng said that, a man of his age walked in carrying a pot of . Brother Cheng grabbed him, introducing, "Lao Han, I'm telling you, don't look Xiao Xi is young, he's no less capable. You know the pot of azaleas at my house that was losing petals, right? Here, Xiao Xi, take a look, can this pot still be saved?"

The man known as Lao Han was very cooperative and immediately showed the clivia in his hand to Lu Lingxi's face.

The leaves of a normal clivia were dark green and shiny, and the flowers should be in full bloom in July. But the clivia in front of them was only sparsely blooming with a few small flowers, and the leaves were withered and yellow. Lu Lingxi's eyes fell on the rhizome part (a plant stem that grows horizontally, generally underground, and produces both shoots and roots) of the clivia; there were thin white mycelia wrapped around the rhizome, and some of the mycelia were tangled together and made small reddish-brown clumps.

The white panel emerged as Lu Lingxi scanned the clivia.

Plant name: Large-flowered clivia

Plant needs: Treatment of white mould

Plant viability: Very low

Lu Lingxi stared at the very low plant viability display and frowned slightly; he didn't know if it could still be saved.

Lao Han could see his face and said with a bitter smile, "Is it not possible?"

Lu Lingxi hesitated for a few seconds and said, "Why don't you leave it here and I'll try?"