Chapter 22

Yan Yue intended to leave after staying at Tiny Garden for more than half an hour. Even though inwardly he wanted to stay shamelessly, what was left of his sanity reminded him that it was too much. Compared to the other day when he could only sneak a few glances at Lu Lingxi under the guise of seeing Dahei, today was already an extra bonus.

When Yan Yue wanted to leave, Lu Lingxi politely escorted him to the door and thanked him once again, "Mr. Yan, thank you."

Lu Lingxi's expression was sincere, his eyes full of trust and gratitude. When Yan Yue was looked at by him like this, he felt his emotions stirring but he could not show it, so he could only suppress his excitement and nod slightly, saying casually, "No need to be so polite, just call me Yan Yue from now on."

Lu Lingxi curled his eyes in a smile, the corners of his mouth turning upwards as he obediently said, "Big Brother Yan."

The young man's voice was clear and bright, and the sound of "Big Brother Yan" was like a kitten scratching Yan Yue's heart. His heart itched, wishing for the young man to call him like that a few more times. Luckily, he had not lost his head yet, so he swallowed the words that almost came out of his mouth when he met the boy's clear eyes.

From the time Yan Yue got up to leave to the time Lu Lingxi walked him to the door, Dahei's eyes followed Yan Yue. When Yan Yue left with empty hands, Dahei turned his head to look at the spring orchid on the table and plopped back down on the floor.

Lu Lingxi sent Yan Yue away and turned around to squat beside Dahei, flicking his finger on Dahei's head and saying affectionately, "Little villain, don't think Big Brother Yan didn't see your reaction."

Dahei whimpered twice, aggrieved; Lu Lingxi stroked his head in amusement and said softly, "This spring orchid must be used to pay back to Big Brother Yan when it is well raised and sold. Now there is still a shortage of 100,000, and Dahei's chicken legs. Tomorrow we will go to that flower market to see, maybe we'll repeat today's good luck."

Dahei squinted his eyes and rubbed against Lu Lingxi's palm, giving a low bark.

Yan Yue didn't go far from Tiny Garden and parked the car at the side of the road. The corners of his mouth curled up unconsciously as he remembered the boy's last call of "Big Brother Yan". The mobile phone on the passenger side suddenly rang, interrupting the charm in Yan Yue's heart. He frowned irritably, suppressing his impatience when he saw it was An Jie, and picked up the phone.

"Hello? What's wrong?" At this hour, it should be two in the morning on An Jie's side. He wouldn't call in the middle of the night without an urgent matter.

"Boss, Professor Susan's office has just been robbed." An Jie didn't beat around the bush and dropped the bombshell directly.

Although Yan Yue didn't like seeing a psychologist much, his problems couldn't be solved on his own. Sometimes the insomnia was so bad that he had to go to Professor Susan. At An Jie's words, Yan Yue's eyes turned cold and he smiled icily, "What was stolen must be client information."

"Not bad." This was exactly the point that An Jie was worried about.

An Jie had lived abroad since he was a child, so he considered it normal to see a psychologist. Who didn't have a bad mood and didn't need guidance at times? But the situation in China was different; perhaps because people didn't know much about it, psychological disorders were often portrayed as similar to mental illness. An Jie suspected that someone was behind the incident and was worried about Yan Yue's situation.

The coldness in Yan Yue's eyes deepened. Professor Susan had his past counselling records. No matter who did this, Yan Hai or Yin Ya, they were smart. But... this matter also worked to his benefit. He was still thinking about how he could stay in the country for a long time; this situation was exactly what could give him an excuse.