Chapter 23

"Spit it out, spit it out." Lu Lingxi didn't care about watering anymore and anxiously tried to open Dahei's mouth to make him spit it out. Unfortunately, Dahei ate so fast that the whole tomato had been swallowed and nothing could be seen.

Lu Lingxi was speechless and worried that something might happen to Dahei, so he flicked his fingers on Dahei's head several times and reprimanded, "How can you eat indiscriminately?"

Dahei opened his mouth wide and squinted at Lu Lingxi with an innocent look.

Since he had already eaten the tomato, there was nothing Lu Lingxi could do. He could only keep an eye on Dahei's condition, just in case something happened. The dog and the man looked at each other until midnight. Dahei was still in great spirits but Lu Lingxi was so sleepy that he couldn't hold on any longer and fell asleep in a daze.

Because he went to sleep too late at night, Lu Lingxi did not get up at five o'clock the next morning and missed the time to go to the flower market. It was only when Wang Shuxiu called him that he woke up.

"I'm going to your Aunt Lin's house for something after work, I won't be home in the morning, so remember to buy yourself some breakfast."

Wang Shuxiu rattled a few instructions and hung up without waiting for Lu Lingxi to say anything. Lu Lingxi rubbed his eyes and threw away the phone, suddenly thinking of last night, "Dahei."

As soon as he called out, Dahei, who was lying at the head of the bed, immediately came over, stuck out his tongue and licked his face enthusiastically. Lu Lingxi rubbed Dahei's fur, made sure he was okay, and finally put his mind at ease. After washing his face and brushing his teeth, he took a look at the tomatoes in the backyard. He had only watered half of them last night and the tomatoes on this half were already starting to turn red, while the other half that had not been watered was still a bit green. Calculating that it was still early, Lu Lingxi decided to finish watering the other half left from last night. He had just finished connecting the hose when Yi Hang climbed over the fence and jumped in.

"Lao San... fuck, your tomatoes have been given a growth accelerator?"

Turning around the corner, Yi Hang looked at the tomatoes in the backyard that were already heavy with fruit in surprise.

"The seeds are of the fast-growing type," Lu Lingxi said vaguely, "I guess."

Yi Hang didn't know anything about these things, so he listened and let it go. He picked a tomato the size of his fist. It was a little hard to squeeze, the skin was just slightly red, and it looked a bit unripe. Yi Hang was just curious at first, he didn't really expect Lao San to grow tomatoes. But when he looked at the tomato in his hand, he could smell a faint fragrance of it up close. Yi Hang could not resist lifting up the hem of his t-shirt, wiped the tomato haphazardly and directly bit into it.

Lu Lingxi: "...don't eat it."

He just lowered his head to get the hose when Yi Hang bit the tomato and it was too late to stop him.

Yi Hang finished the tomato in three bites and wondered, "What's wrong?"

Lu Lingxi was afraid that something would happen to Dahei last night, so he took his phone and looked up a lot of information, which said that it was best not to eat unripe tomatoes, as there seemed to be something in them that was bad for your health.

Yi Hang didn't care, "What can happen if you eat one. You're just too cautious, Lao San. Besides, do you think the tomatoes sold outside are ripe since they are red?" He said that as he tried to pick another one, but when he met Lu Lingxi's disapproving gaze, he laughed and let it go. "Speaking of which, Lao San, where did you get the seeds? They taste really good." Yi Hang squinted his eyes enjoying the aftertaste and praised Lu Lingxi. The tomatoes were still green, but the taste was sour and sweet. It's just that there was a little less juice because it was not ripe yet. It was so much better than the tomatoes sold in the market that had a bland taste. This tomato had exactly the same taste Yi Hang remembered from his childhood.