Chapter 2 ~ ♡

You sat on the Cuihua wood bench, your palm resting on your cheek as a sigh fell from your lips. Waiting by the docks at Liyue Harbor, for your ride to Inazuma.

You had earned an internship to be the assistant of a professional detective for 2 months. As excited as you were, it was quite boring waiting for this ship for the past 3 hours with nothing to do except thinking about the case you had been given.

Apparently, there was a delinquent that had been spotted roaming around. He had been a fugitive for a while but after a few years the case died down in popularity because he hadn't been spotted, so people assumed he was dead. The reason this person of interest was so important, so much so that there was a 100k Mora bounty on him, was because apparently, he had brutally murdered many people he came across. Each murder was a gory and horrific scene, the bodies dismembered to the point where you could only imagine how much pain they went through. It had been reported that the murderer was known to take 2 people at a time and take off their limbs then mix 'n match them on each body. Each victim was found a bloody mess, and usually the murderer had no stitches so he simply smashed the limbs into the body until they stayed.
A warning had been given with the assignment.

"The subject has gone crazy. Who used to be a calm soul filled with wanderlust, now a madman with no intention other than evil. Thus, why he needs to be caught before he can bring pain upon anyone else. The subject has an accomplice, but as to who that accomplice is, is unknown." You gently folded the paper and returned it back to your bag. The assignment was to figure out who the accomplice was and to catch the criminal. You were scared. 'What if I become his next victim? No... you mustn't think like that. You're gonna solve this... with the help of that professional!!'

While lost in your thoughts about the mystery, you spotted a small fish flopping around in the water. ...Salmon. It reminded you of your home, Mondstadt. You had grown up there with your parents. One of them lived in the city, while the other lived in Springvale, as they were divorced.

At times, it was hard to have two separate households, but there were perks. You always enjoyed the walk from house to house. The scenery, Cider Lake, sounds of animals in the trees. Sometimes, you would leave late at night to go to whichever parent's house. The night had always been beautiful to you. The honey-like moon hanging over Teyvat, the scent of a freshly cooked Sweet Madame wafting through the air. It would rain often. The earthy petrichor would rush through your lungs and veins, refreshing as ever. Sometimes, a wanderer could hear the tune of a lonely bard playing a bittersweet tune into the night's deepest hours.

Scent had always been something you enjoyed. Lavender, water on hot asphalt, freshly baked pizza, freshly cut dandelions; they all reminded you of your home.

You took a deep breath, collecting the scents of Liyue Harbor, letting the essence settle into you.

Numerous scents filled your lungs. Almost everywhere you go, you can smell what that place feels like. Just for a moment, you can experience years worth of living there out of a single breath. Scent really is amazing, isn't it?

Suddenly, a foreign sound catched your attention as you turn your eyes to the water by the docks. An unfamiliar ship now sits in the water that was absent of anything just a few seconds ago. A small sign on the ship read- "The Crux".

"Anchors down!" A strong, feminine voice boomed.

'That must be my ride!' You state in your mind. You quickly reach for your belongings and stand up to head to 'The Crux'. As you make your way onto the creaky wooden planks of the ship, you're immediately greeted by a tall, brunette woman with an eye patch.

"Hey! You looking to go to Inazuma?" She asks with a grin.

"Yes, please! How much will it be?" You question back. The woman stops to think for a moment, then responds.

"Hm... how about 10k Mora?" Lucky for you, your parents had put roughly 100k mora into your savings for your job, so you had plenty.

"Sounds good!" You beamed. She seemed surprised but impressed by the fact that you didn't bargain.

"Well, okay then! My name is Beidou, welcome aboard The Crux!"

"Nice to meet you, Beidou. I'm y/n."

"Well, y/n, I'll show you to where you can stay for the ride. Follow me." Beidou turned around and walked over to some tables.

"This is where most of the passengers usually stay, but for some reason we don't have many today. We usually like to have multiple people here so everyone can socialize, but I'm afraid you might get a little lonely down here all alone, so you can stay up at the front with us!"

Beidou motioned her hand, signaling you to follow her once again.

"..Us?" You questioned.

"Oh, yeah. My assistant's name is Kazuha. Quite a strange fellow, but he's a fun guy." She lets out a hearty laugh.

You wonder what she means, but continue on the creaky wooden floors of The Crux. A few seconds later, you two arrive at a wheel that presumably controls the ship. At the side of the front of the ship sits a young man with white hair, a streak of crimson blessing it, like fresh blood in a cool layer of snow. He turns around as soon as footsteps can be heard walking up the stairs.

"Why, hello. Hello Beidou... and who might you be?" He asks with a gentle smile gracing his lips. His hands rest on the railings as his legs hang over the side of the ship.

"My name is y/n. Nice to meet you, Kazuha." You greet him, waving your hand.

He simply stared at you with his gentle gaze, sweeping over your body, observing you. You just stood there awkwardly, waiting for him to say something.

"Welcome aboard The Crux. I hope you enjoy the ride." He smiles with his eyes closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A/N - 

Hihifhifhifsi !! Early update alert! I don't know, I just decided I wanted to write soooo here you go lmao. I now have a plan for this story yayayay yes 69 thousand IQ move ikr, anyways yeah I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Also, this isn't really just Heizou x reader, I lied, there's gonna be some rivalry between characters fighting for y/n. Be prepared~ 

maybe you can guess who the other person is? guesses in the comments jasjssjsjs 

Just a quick thing- I wrote this at like 3-4 AM so pls I swear if this is crap do noT JUDGE ME ASIDKJGBIAS     bye bye!!