Chapter 3~ ♡

As you sat down, you swore you could feel eyes burning into the back of your head, scanning over every inch of your being. It was unsettling.

To pass the time, you took out your journal and began writing down all of your thoughts. About home, about the scents on 'The Crux', about Kazuha and Beidou, about the mystery... of course with a few sketches and drawings on the side, because a notebook is never completed without some personality, whether you're good at drawing or not!

As you were sketching, a young man approached you. You recognized him as none other than Kazuha. You were lost in your thoughts, so you didn't realize the footsteps approaching you.

"What a lovely drawing." You heard from over your shoulder. It startled you. On most occasions, you wouldn't show just any drawing to everyone. You usually liked to show people your best art. However, Kazuha managed to see your sloppy sketches.

"Ahaha..! Thanks. It's not the best... I can do better!"

"No! I think it's beautiful. Do you have your other drawings with you?" Kazuha leans in a little bit closer to see your art.

"Oh... well drawing is like a little hobby for me. I have many others,, but yeah, if you want to see some of my other sketches you're welcome to!" You uttered with a grin. Kazuha reached down towards your notebook, stopping just before his fingertips touched the yellowed pages.

"Do you mind?" He questioned.

"No, go ahead." You say with a soft smile.

As the red eyed male [y'all pls dont kill me] flipped through the pages of your notebook, admiring the sketches and little diary entries, he suddenly spoke.

"Amazing... Why did you choose art as a hobby?"

"Well, I'm studying to become a detective. The whole point of this travel, actually, is to meet a professional detective in Inazuma. His name was... Heizou, I think?" You stated. You noticed Kazuha's mood darken a little bit. Almost like he was nervous?

"Anyways, I'm being his assistant for a couple of months. To learn, 'ya know? So I need to be good at drawing so I can sketch subjects!" You stared at Kazuha, who seemed to be spacing out, with a smile. "...Kazuha? You there?"

"Hm.. Oh, yes. My apologies. I'm not surprised you're traveling to meet someone in Inazuma. After all, I was wondering why such a lovely individual such as you was traveling alone~" You blushed a bit at his remark.

You two stood there in silence for a few seconds.

"So, Kazuha. Enough about me, tell me a bit about yourself." You mentioned as you looked up at him with a soft smile.

"Oh? Well I come from a well-known clan; however it fell apart. I was the sole member, and decided to follow my own path instead of that of my father. My full name is Kaedehara Kazuha. Sometimes I think back on what I could have done; where I'd be if I hadn't abandoned my clan..." He shook his head. "There's no use dwelling on the past. Sorry for getting off-topic there, y/n." He chuckled.

"Oh, no! Don't worry about it. I tend to go on tangents, too." You reassured him. "Anyways, continue?"

"Right. After I moved on from my clan,, some... stuff happened in Inazuma, so I decided to find somewhere else to dwell. That's sort of how I ended up here on this ship with Captain Beidou." Kazuha looked off into the distance, towards the mist that rested on the ocean.

"Oh, wow. You have quite an interesting story! I'm intrigued~." You giggled.

"Haha. Yes, many would say my past is interesting; however, it's getting quite dark, wouldn't you agree?" He commented. You nodded your head, observing the rising stars, appearing one by one. "I might turn in for the night. There's a guest bedroom in the amidship, usually only Captain Beidou's good friends use it, but since this is a relatively long trip and we left rather late, I'm sure the Captain would be happy to lend it to you." Kazuha offered.

"Sounds like a deal! After all, it's much better than sleeping out here in the open." You said as you stood up from the wooden seat. "Do you mind leading me there?"

"Of course, follow me." Kazuha lead you from the creaky floors of the deck to the door of the guest bedroom. "Have a good rest. Sleep well! We should arrive at Inazuma by around 8 AM. I'll come wake you up around 7. Sound good?" He smiled.

"Yeah, thanks!" You beamed, despite tired eyes.

As you lay in the soft bed, you thought about your case. You thought about your family, you thought about the scents on the ship. You thought about how Kazuha's voice sounded gentle and warm, like autumn leaves drifting through humid wind. You thought about all the people you met today, and the people you'd meet in Inazuma. As you drifted asleep...

You could've sworn you heard breathing somewhere.

                                                                                            ✵✵✵

You woke up to seemingly, the coziest bed ever. But I mean that's how it always feels when you don't wanna get up.

Kazuha was standing outside of your closed door, knocking. You arose from your bed and the floor creaked under your bare feet. Stretching, you walked over to the guest bedroom door and opened it to see Kazuha, who still looked pretty tired.

"Good morning," He waved his hand with a smile. "It's nearly 7:15. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept well!" You beamed. Kazuha suddenly rested his hand on your shoulder. A light blush dusted your cheeks, but you chose to ignore it.

"That's good to hear."

"Yeah. And you?" You asked, a hint of fluster in your voice. You fidgeted with the edge of your pockets.

"Well... I actually didn't sleep. Usually I don't get much sleep, actually. Most of the night I just think about stuff." He removed his hand from your shoulder and placed it on the back of his neck.

"Oh, that's cool. But you should get more rest!! Fun fact- a human cannot survive more than 10 days without sleep." You put your hands on your hips.

"Alright, I'll make sure to sleep more often." Kazuha chuckled. "Now, let's head to the deck. I'll meet you there."

Kazuha closed the door and left. You didn't really have anything to do, so you followed him up.

~~~ FAST FORWARD there's nothing really important ~~~

After having a cup of tea with Kazuha and Beidou, it was finally time. You could see Inazuma and you were approaching quickly. Beidou seemed cheery as always. Kazuha was calm..

ẅ̵͚́̈́͘a̴̮̘͎̠̠͌̾̊͊̋͛̇́͗̚ş̴̢̜̺͚̪͚̼̖̇̐̏̓́̀́̉̀̂̓̏̇͝ ̸̢̣̞͖̤̠̳̘͍̙̘̟̓ḩ̸̞̟̺̹̮͈̂̽̎̒̑̈́̄̔̑͑͋̏̚̚͝ȩ̵̖̙̪̩̪̘̣̹̤̈́̒́͒̏̓̚ͅ ̷̰͎̯͛͛̅ŕ̴̨̧̰̞͈͍̝̘͇̥̥̌͑̀͛̂̍͑͗͗͝͝͝e̵̛̝̦͑́̃̔͛͗a̸̢̦͉͉͕͔̭̱̙̩̤͉͑l̵̨̡͈̙͙̺͔̯̱̥̹̭̟͑̆͂l̸̡̝̩͔͔̥̳̲̂̍͑̿y̶̛̤̩̦͖̮͚̾̓͊̓̾͆͒͌͛̊̐͘?̵̧̗̙͈̥̳͙̳̫̊͋͋͆͜͜͝͠

You were only excited as you neared the docks of Ritou.

I wonder what adventures might await!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

hey! im so sosososososos o sorry for the late update. the reason i didn't update last week was because i had done an early update on the first week, so i just counted it for that. i know it's like 3:30 AM on sunday but i tried making it a bit longer !! 

Anyways, i hope you enjoyed reading. next chapter will be out in a few days!! 

[also im starting school again in a few weeks so there may be slower updates then, and i'll let you guys know.]