༊ Chapter 16 ༊

EHHEUGHEUHG IM SO EXCITED TO ACTUALLY BE UPDATING!! 

CW; Suggestive scene (told you i might be getting a bit devillish😈) (my emoji keyboard shortcut is kinda broken so i had to look up the emoji for that, yw... :sob:) 

Kazuha's POV:

As I paced the main room of our humble abode, I couldn't help but feel frustrated. After such an intimate moment shared between Y/n and I, they still insist on pushing me away. On choosing that fool over me. What am I meant to do? As time goes on, I feel myself unraveling. My calm act is slipping away. Every time Y/n's body even brushes against Heizou's, every time they exchange words, every time he breathes the same air as Y/n, I feel this crippling sadness inside me, physically repulsive.

I love Y/n so much, I love them so much, I need them. I need Y/n. But no matter how much I try to force it, Y/n never needs me back. I have to do something, but I don't know what to do. It seems every thing that I try just makes them hate me more. I want to claw my nails into my own skin, into Y/n's skin. I want our redness to mix, I want us to be one, I need it. I need it!

I need them to only need me. I need to be their everything, just as they're my everything. Even after being so raw and vulnerable, they still reject my love. I'm so stupid. I showed myself to them, pure and raw, and pulsating and beating and squelching, and they saw me, they saw ME, but now it's as if they've forgotten it. I'll never forget. I never forget anything, any moment with Y/n. I remember their favorite color, their favorite scent, the book they hate the most, what they do at home, who they've loved, their date of birth, their blood type, the number of pores on their face, EVERYTHING. And yet, they still can't get a grasp of how much I love them! Do I have to keep trying to force it through their thick skull? Do I have to stuff it through their ear canals? Are they dumb? Do they just not get it? Well, I don't get it either.

And now the person keeping blood pumping through my veins is alone in the next room with the man I hate, of all people. Well... I suppose anyone Y/n loved instead of me would be someone I hate. It's taking everything I have not to barge in there and end this stupid quarrel with Heizou once and for all.

My nails splinter the wood on the table the more I think about it, and when I finally snap out of my trance, my fingertips are bleeding, wood lodged into the crevices.

Your POV:

"Ah... Heizou... are you feeling alright...?" I speak softly, trying not to stress the poor man any further. Well, I mean, he's not that poor. I'm the main victim here, but whatever.

All Heizou offered in response was a glance to the side, away from me, and a soft grunt. I decide to dismiss it and clean his wounds, but his breathing just keeps getting heavier.

As soon as the cotton pad drenched in medicine comes in contact with the gash on his spine, his entire body tenses up. I could nearly hear a growl from his lips, reminding me of just how feral these men had become in my presence.

"Shhh.." I hush, not realizing it until Heizou actually quiets down. I suppose it's just a habit of mine to try to comfort the distressed. "Are you really sure you're alright..?" I question once more, concerned about his labored breathing and intense sweating. It's quite cool in here, so the droplets coming down his back can't be from heat.

"..." He offers no response. I accept it, but moments later, his raspy voice pipes up again drearily. "Archons, Y/n... you just... don't realize..."

"Don't realize what?" I immediately respond, confused. Suddenly, a possibility hits me. Is he... seriously... you know... aroused?? My eyes widen and I pull my hands away. I suppose it's not much of a surprise, since he's shirtless and we're both sitting on the same bed in the same room with the door closed, alone.